You are already
a member and logged in!
- Cauliflower - 1/4 portion of a large Cauliflower
- Green chili - 1 or 2
- Garlic - 2 to 3 cloves of large size
- Onion - 1/4
- Soy sauce - 3 tspn
- Tomato sauce - 2 tspn
- Chili sauce - 1½ tspn
- Oil - 1 or 2 tspn
- All purpose flour (Maida) or Corn flour - 3 spoons
- Rice flour - 2 spoons
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tspn
- Chili powder - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to deep fry
- Cut Cauliflower into small florets. Boil water in a pan with little Turmeric powder and Salt. Add Cauliflower florets and leave that in hot water for 5 minutes. Cut Onion into big chunks. Chop garlic into small pieces. Keep all this aside.
- Prepare the batter by mixing All purpose flour, Rice flour, Ginger garlic paste, Chili powder, Salt and Water in a bowl. The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Heat enough Oil in a pan to deep fry. Once the Oil is hot enough, reduce the heat to medium. Dip the cauliflower florets in batter, drop gently into the hot Oil, turning once in a while, deep fry them till they are golden brown and crispy. Deep fry all the cauliflower florets like this.
- Remove them and drain on paper towels.
- Then heat 1 or 2 tspns of Oil in another pan. Add Green chilies and Garlic, fry them for a minute.
- Add Onion and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add Soy sauce, Tomato sauce, Chili Sauce and saute it for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook this for 2 minutes in medium heat. If you want gravy add some more water.
- Finally add deep fried Cauliflower florets and mix it with the sauce for 1 or 2 minutes. Then remove from heat.