substitute for eno in dhokla

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by BeeAmma, Apr 4, 2009.

1. saraswatibhat

saraswatibhat Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the nice recipe.Never tried Rava dhokla..Would be trying soon:thumbsup

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. lakshitahuja

lakshitahuja New IL'ite

Dhokla is a traditional Gujarati Dish prepared using gram flour or besan. This is a perfect evening snack or even you can have it as a breakfast too. To get simple and easy to make Dhokla recipe visit Living Foodz. To prepare this delicious tangy dish just mix besan, ginger and green chilli paste, curd, salt, and baking powder. Cur and baking powder are the substitute for ENO. Allow to ferment and steam the batter in a steamer and temper with mustard seeds.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    QUOTE="BeeAmma, post: 629394, member: 35529"]Hi all,

Do you know of a substitute for eno in recipes such as dhoklas>

Thanks[/QUOTE]
    @BeeAmma

While ENO itself is Certain % citric acid and baking powder & fruits salt, why one needs to substitute it?
    2. Thanks for asking this question and the feed backs. It all reminded my Bombay days where my family & I used to consume this often and offered to us by our gujrathi friend’s. With lemon flavour tempered one is delicious always. It is super food nutritious and easy to make .
    3. When made in pressure cooker care has to be taken to avoid the batter getting burnt smell.
    Happy holiday season & new year to op and her followers.
    God is in tasty dishes sweet or savouries.