Chocolate cherry cake....

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by sugugiri2010, Oct 8, 2015.

1. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ils

I wanted to make something special for my husband's bday.. so thought to give a try of making my own cake, and it really turned out well...

"Oh no oven.." are u thinking so... dont worry i made it in cooker...

Here is my recipe:

Ingredients required:
    Maida - 1 Cup
    Cocoa Powder - 3-4 Tbsp
    Powdered Sugar - ¼ Cup
    Baking Soda - ¼ Tsp
    Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
    Butter - ⅓ Cup
    Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
    Milk- As required
    Egg- 4 nos
    Red Cherries - ¼ Cup
    Shavings: Chocolate Bar - As required

How to make the cake:

1.Take a bowl and add only yellow of the egg(keep white seperately) add butter -4 tsp(room temperature melted one), beat it. Then add the 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Takes 2-3 mins! Now add condensed milk, whisk for 3-5 mins.

2.Take a sieve and sift in maida, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda. Fold the flour into the wet ingredients using a spatula

3.Slowly add in Milk or hot water and make a smooth dropping consistency batter.
    Apply butter to a cake tin or any flat vessel that is available at home.put a butter paper in the bottom and butter it. if butter paper not available,apply little bit more butter in the bottom.

4.Add the batter to the cake tin and then tap it twice!

5.use a normal cooker(without whistle). pour 2 inch water then keep a rack and place the tin above it.close and cook for 30 mts initially,check in between if not cooked keep for 5 -10 mts more. dont overcook ur cake.(if baked toothpick has to come out clean)

6. meanwhile u can make cherry syrup: take 10 to 15 cherries in a cup, add water and 3 tsp sugar and boil them in slow fame for 20 mts. now filter the cherries and keep the water aside. u can crumble the cherries with ur hand or chop using knife.

7.To make the whipping cream: take the whites of the egg, whisk them, while whisking add sugar little by little untill it reaches the peaks.(if u get whipping cream to buy in ur supermarket then u can use them, same process instead of egg white use whipping cream and instead of sugar use powdered sugar)

8.After cake is baked, take it out and let it cool for 10 mins. Loosen the sides with a knife and then transfer the cake into a plate.

9. Cut cake into three layer horizontally by turning the table(if u dont have a turning table u can make one by puting a bowl down with a big plate upside down)

10.now put the first layer in the turning table sprinkle cherry syrup all over,Spread a good ½ inch layer of cream to it. Then some chopped cherries. Now the middle layer, syrup, cream and cherries and then top layer and cover fully with cream on sides and top.

11.take fresh cherries cut into half and decorate it as in picture, i bought some toppings, u can buy as u like... make chocolate shavings using peeling and refrigerate it..and when everything is done put them on the sides and top.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hi sugi,
    Could this be tried without eggs. Other ingredients are fine for me..Is there any alternative for eggs?

3. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

yummy cake

1 person likes this.
  4. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

@Sugugiri2010,

Yummy cake and thanks for sharing the procedure also.:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  5. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Yummy so sweet of you for sharing recipe

1 person likes this.
  6. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi rith ... yes it can be done without egg...

as i said for the whipping cream, u can buy amul cream available in market(though i dint get) and u can add powdered sugar while whisking.

and for the sponge (cake) egg is just optional to make it more fluffy...since i dint want to waste the egg yolk (seperated from egg white for whisking)i used it in the sponge...

any queries let me know

7. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@Rith,

You can substitute eggs with vegetable oil, about 2 tablespoons for 1 egg. Other substitutes like yogurt, buttermilk can be used too but I haven't tried those.

@sugugiri2010, thank you for sharing your recipe. The cake looks yum.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sugi,
    Thanks for your reply. I saw a recipe in website and i tried without egg. the cake was not that soft. taste wise it came out well. texture was not that convincing. my DH told, it is because of not adding egg..From then on i stopped trying cake at home :)

Thank you @priyasrini. I will try with vegetale oil and let you guys know

9. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

wow amazing will try today itself.
    its long time have not baked anything.
    but ya would be better if would have been eggless....

1 person likes this.