how to cook paneer related dishes?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by divshiri87, Apr 24, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am beginner in cooking and tried few veg receipes from youtube and other cookery websites. When i try receipes without paneer, it comes well. The problem is i am not aware or could not understand how to cook paneer. Few months ago, i tried some veggies gravy and added paneer at the end after shallow frying it in butter. But i came out like some elastic ball and could not eat it. So when asked one of my friend, they said no need to add fried paneer, just add paneer after keeping in hot water for sometime. I treid this too but came out very bad. And i tried palak paneer and all but nothing came well. So i stopped cooking with paneer as i think i dont know to cook it. But i cannot be this way, so i want to try again. Let me know some receipes and how to cook paneer, when to add and how much time required to cook paneer.
    Thanks in advance

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Maybe the paneer you are buying is not of good quality. Try a different brand.
    I usually buy milky mist paneer.
    Also, how are you storing it? Paneer should be in chiller not freezer

4. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Deep fry paneer cubes/fingers and immediately put them in a bowlful of water. Once vegetable/palak is almost cooked add paneer, mix and just cook for 3-4 minutes. This way paneer will remain moist. Cooking for long time will make it rubberish.

5. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Thankyou all for the info.. i wil try it as per your suggestion.
    I tried milky mist too but came out same (bad) only..

6. askcatering

askcatering New IL'ite

Simple tip is wash the paneer with out breaking it.You stright away put into the gravy .Get the best brand paneer like Amul,Hutsun ,aavin is also good.Dont deep fry the paneer.Your paneer texture will be soft as you get it in restaurant.