Eat to live and not live to eat

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by iyerviji, Jan 17, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We have to eat to live and not live to eat. This goes very well with my husband because he eats to live and is not a foody. He eats whatever I make . He does not like hot food , so I need not make it hot before eating. Also he does not like hot milk or coffee. After retirement I have been trying variety of dishes because I am a foody and like variety myself. Feel very happy when he tastes and tells me its super . If it is very good he will say patham class which means it is super. Feel very happy when he compliments and gives me encouragement to try more. Sometimes I myself dont like the dish I make but he will never say anything about it but have it.

Every day making same sambhar I dont like so try different kinds of sambhar . Today also was thinking what to make . So made moong dal sambhar , thought how it is going to be because usually my dh likes araichu vitta sambhar but was so happy when he sad its A1 very nice. For side dish made Cheppan kizangu roast.

Moong dal Sambhar

Moong dal I did not measure it
    Sambhar Powder
    Potato 1
    Tomato 1
    Mustard Seeds
    Methi
    LG powder

First Boil Moongdal in the cooker. Then added one potato cut into bits in that , added salt and haldi and LG Powder and boiled again adding water. After it was ready. Gave thadka. added oil , then rai, methi seeds, LG powder , did not have kadipathato add, then after rai crackled added tomato cut into bits . after tomato was ready added this to the sambhar.

Today for Cheppangizangu roast I did nto roast the ingredients but added sambhar powder only. First kept the Cheppangizanghu in cooker without adding water .When it was cool removed the skin. In oil added rai and urad dal , when ready added Cheppangizangu , added salt and haldi. Then added sambhar powder and fried for sometime. Added also littl erice powder.

IMG_20150117_110834.jpg

4 people like this.

2. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Lovely post mam. Your dishes look yummy. Must have tasted yummy as well i am sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

1 person likes this.
  3. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Yummy Combination Vijima, Drooling here :)

1 person likes this.
  4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

yummy combo vijima thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@Iyerviji Sister,

Sairam, Hope you are doing fine by Baba's grace, interacting after a gap I guess, just bumped into this thread.

Chepankizhangu in cooker without adding water, Is it? So we just have the raw Kizhangu placed in cooker and wait for whistles..

Just trying to understand, as I know I am not getting this dish perfectly, dont know where I am wrong.. please help.

I read that you are enjoying in Dubai with Sir, GD and DD, May Baba guide us always.
    Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sarang dear thank for your first feedback, glad it looks yummy, don't know how I forgot to acknowledge, sorry for the delay

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Maggy dear glad to know you are drooling, sorry for the delay in replying

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka dear glad you liked it, sorry for the late reply

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sai dear glad to get your feedback. Ya we both are fine and now enjoying in Dubai with my daughter, grand daughter and son in law. Since one and half year my son is also here, his wife is yet to join. Yesterday she came for four days as today is their 10th Wedding Anniversary. She just completed MBA so could not join him.

Yes dear I always keep cheppankizangu in cooker without adding water after washing it nicely. If you add water it becomes soggy , otherwise it is nice and crispy

Thanks for your good wishes