Salad Recipes

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Roopasparsh, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Roopasparsh

Roopasparsh Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILites,

Can some one suggest some healthy Salad recipes to carry to office. I would have it around 11 am and hubby at 4:00 pm. Usually any salad either gets spoiled by evening or starts to get a kind of smell which draws everybody's attention.I want to try out different varieties which require less cooking as hubby eats at 4 and by that time it might get soggy. I infact have kept one salt and masala cellars in both our bags to add to these salads ( suppose I pack corns or sprouted moong). However this is very boring and I am running out of idea. Currently I usually pack sprouts of different pulses sometime mixed sometimes solo. or I give cut veggies usually regular cucumber carrot, sometimes the Goody bag ( puffed rice with chana dal etc). I usually prefer a fruit at 11 and evening salads. However as salad doesnt remain that long I eat salad at 11 and eat fruit while going back home in train. I want to make those tempting salad which we get to eat abroad with a dash of cheese sometimes some baby tomatoes, some cherries. just to add variety to taste. Can some one help?

Regards,
    Roopa

2. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

Hi.Here's a link to making basic salads and dressings using available ingredients in India-
    SALAD BAR | tried & tested recipes

and one more

KIMCHI SALAD | tried & tested recipes

Here is the one for grilled vegetables-

Zucchini Zaaykedar Sabzi (Foil Baked ) | tried & tested recipes

Just keep in mind not to add salt to the salads before.Add it at the time of eating.Otherwise veggies become soggy.Also before you pack the salad,make sure you cut the veggies and put them in ice cold water and then use.

Also a quick idea from my side-
    Cut veggies like carrots,capsicum or bell peppers and paneer into cubes.Apply salt and green chutney and marinate for 10-15 minutes.String in a cube of bell pepper,then paneer and then carrot onto a toothpick.Cook it lightly from all sides on a tawa.Sprinkle chat masala if you please.Can use veggies of your choice.

I hope this helps.