Excess lime-how to make use-suggest pls

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by marilynprisca, Jul 24, 2013.

1. marilynprisca

marilynprisca Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I got lots of lime from my family friends....I don't want to make pickle... but I want to make juice...is it possible to make the juice in advance and store it...how many days it can be stored...is there any preservatives to be added...please give me your suggestion...

2. rangolii

rangolii Bronze IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i make mine without preservative and use it for 15 days refrigerated, 30 days if frozen.

take about 2 cups of sugar for every 1/4th cup lime juice.
    bring the sugar to boil..add a pinch of salt. filter cool and add the lime juice. this is the basic recipe. add this to water, and have it. the proportion depends on your liking of the strength of the concentrate.

i make it as ginger and lime. by adding crushed and cut juilienne of ginger to the sugar while boiling. just mint nicely crushed and added to the sugar.. or mint and ginger... if i want a very very strong mint flavour, i grind the mint and boil it in the sugar. filter..

freeze it into icecubes and can be used for more than a month. around one cube per glass.

1 person likes this.
  4. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

One of the easiest ways is to freeze the juice in ice cube trays, then put them in a plastic bag, seal and store them for months in the freezer. I prefer this method as there's no need for any preservatives.

1 person likes this.
  5. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Freeze the juice in ice cube trays. Whenever you want you can add according to your needs.

1 person likes this.