Cake in 5mins- is tat possible??try tis

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Dinny, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

No dnt worry i am not using any instant cake mix to make tis cake.Its bcoz my son loves his cakes soo much tat i decided to try something of my own.But my microwave didnt hv d bake option(i bought it when i ws newly married and knew almost nothing about microwave ovens).my mother is very good when it comes to baking cakes but i coulnot use her recipes in the microwave.
    So here i am posting my recipe of a cake in microwave which i call the
    "5mins cake"(chocolate flavour)

What you need:
    Maida(self raising flour)- 1 1/2 cup
    Sugar 1cup
    choco powder- 3 tbsp
    Baking soda- 1/4tsp
    Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
    Milk 1 cup
    Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
    Olive oil(or anyother oil of ur choice would do just fine) - 1tbsp
    Lemon juice- 1 tsp

How to prepare it:

First of all ,powder the sugar and then mix it with milk till it dissolves completely.Now sieve Maida,choco powder,baking soda and baking powder once.Then using the sieve again put the mixture into the milk.Now if u have a manual/automatic egg beater(any1 of tis would do,i used manual egg beater) use it to mix the powders and milk well,tis takes hardly a minute or two.
    Now after tis step is done see tat ur batter is not very difficult to mix if so add few more drops of milk and mix till u get a little more flowing batter.
    Now add vanilla essence and mix again.After tat add olive oil and mix again,bcoz tis batter doesnt have eggs or butter so olive oil will bring tat shine to ur cake.
    Now finally add the lemon juice and mix very well.Lemon juice willl react with ur baking soda to make the cake soft.All the mixing tat i have done here is by using my manual egg beater.
    Now take a microwave safe dish and grease it with butter.Add the batter to tis dish and tap the dish once or twice slightly so tat all the trapped air will be out.
    Now put the dish in ur microwave for 5mins on high power.After it is donetake out ur dish and insert a toothpick in ur cake, if ur cake is done then it should come out clean.
    Take a knife (or anything from ur cutlery set would) and push it slightly through the edges of the cake in dish so tat ur cake can come out neatly on a plate.
    Take a plate put it on ur dish and invert ur dish.the cake would slide on ur plate.
    And tadaann!! ur cakes ready.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    38 people like this.

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the recipe..my DD loves cake..

I have a query what is difference betwenn baking powder an baking soda..I have seen ;lot of recipe using both at a time but confused on difference

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing. I like your 'tadaann' :)

2 people like this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

i wanted to add a pic of my cake unfortunately i cant bcoz i nees to insert URL...cant i directly post a pic from my desktop IL_Admin pls HELP!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

From what i know baking soda is pure sodium bicarbonate and baking powder has sodium bicarbonate and some other stuff too.Reason y i have used lemon juice here is so tat it can react with the baking soda to make the cake soft.U can use vinegar too but in a smaller quantity compared to lemon juice.So d question y i need baking powder?
    See baking soda makes ur recipe sour but baking powder is neutral in taste so to balance the taste i add a bit of soda and bit of baking powder....I hope i have not confused u :) Happy cooking!!

6. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the recipe... Nice one

1 person likes this.
  7. bambeee05

bambeee05 Junior IL'ite

Thanks for the recipe...

1 person likes this.
  8. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Thanx for the receipe.Will definitely try.
    Well ,mine is 800 W oven,that is HI-Power.
    Can i bake in this hi power

9. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

i just love the cooking with reasoning ...so here more than your recipe im impressed with your explanation :thumbsup soo nice :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

definitely try it and tell me how it was :)