Transformation of cake into ladoo

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by manjukps, Nov 17, 2012.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

Upon request of so many about my secret of 10 cup laddoo, here is how I invented!! / discovered !? :rotflthis new sweet.

First i took only the ingredients for 7 cup cake.

1. 1 cup besan
    2. 1 cup coconut
    3. 1 cup milk
    4. 1 cup ghee
    5. 3 cups sugar.

I mixed all ingredients for 7 cup cake except sugar and ghee. I thought sugar has to be dissolved first. Me and my logical thinking. So added some water to sugar and kept in m/w to dissolve it. Then mixed all other ingredients, microwaved stirring in between and added ghee to it. Once it started frothing I poured it to ghee greased plate, but never got solid. Thought it needs more dry ingredient, so i mixed 1cup of corn flour as i had made sohan halwa as pre-diwali sweet and it had come out perfect. Again I kept it in m/w for few more min, transferred to plate. Overnight also it stayed as halwa. I wasn't satisfied. Took two cups of roasted gram dhall and fried it a while to avoid raw smell before powdering it. Mixed that little by little to this never intended halwa and made it as ladoo (inspiration from maalaadu). For flavor mixed few drops of badam essence.

Since I added 1cup of corn flour and 2 cups of roasted gram dhall I christened it as 10 cup ladoo. :cheers

It stood 3rd in demand after 1st being wheat halwa, 2 nd being ribbon bakkoda.

All the best if at all you try this.

Regards
    Manjukps

11 people like this.

2. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha...manju I couldn`t help laughing reading your thread. See as I said this invention happened by accident. Shall give a try and find out if it ends in 10 cups laddu or something else!

3. hydee

hydee Bronze IL'ite

Super Manju....

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Manjkin
    Didn't know the other name of Manju was a walking bakery! Hehe...JUST how do you do it?.....I am all foul at these things....I am left amazed at your transformations! Keep stepping into deeper waters.....
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  5. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Manju,

Your writing style reminds me of the great writer Anuradha Ramanan. Such a hilarious writing. I am yet to know the 7 cup cake recipe. Thinking of doing by referring CV's. I dont know when. But when I tasted your 7 cup (sorry 10 cup), it tasted good as a sweet should be.

So moral is: Cooking is not even enough, one should know how to repair, if it has gone wrong.

Write more. (Now another hidden talent of yours got revealed)

3 people like this.
  6. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

wow... i am going to try this one

7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your likes
    meerajesh59, chithirainilavu and Megalife.

Note: the roasted gram dhal should be powdered. Edited only now. Check for the sugar too as you are adding more ingredients if it all you risk making it HE HE!!

Regards
    Manjukps

8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you lgirish. Do update us, what you discovered.

Thank you hydee

Hey Magee. I very recently got this convection cum m/w after the breakdown of my old m/w. so it is all my over enthusiasm to utilize it to full extent. Started exploring on baking front every time ending up doing pudding to rocky cake (intention being to make a spongy cake). But I am particular to name it only after seeing (tasting will be kids' job) the end product HEHEHE...

Latha, beware! Late writer Anuradha Ramanan's fans will be watching you. Don't disgrace her comparing me to her. You are the only one (un)fortunate IL to have tasted this.

Sitharaj, do update me that all is well if you try this.

Note: the roasted gram dhal should be powdered. Edited only now. Check for the sugar too as you are adding more ingredients if it all you risk making it HE HE!!

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Manju kudos to your talent, energy, interest, sharing nature and what not. Glad this Diwali we learnt aother new sweet through you and also learnt that by trying, having patience you can do anything . All these quotes go right with you

Where there is a will there is a way
    Patience and Persevarance can overcome mountains
    Try, try till u succeed

As I told you before you are an all rounder an dwell versed in cooking , tailoring, writing and so many other talents. May God bless you and fulfill all your wishes. IL is lucky to have an all rounder like you and also yuur family

2 people like this.
  10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Manju, mostly mistakes are the base of many new inventions..And in your case, it is purely visible..ha ha...superb da...thats the spirit...:)