How to make Naan without eggs, yeast and microwave or oven?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by rissy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

:hiya How to make Naan without yeast, without eggs and without microwave or oven? Since I am jain, I can't use yeast and eggs and don't have oven or microwave at home. So pls tell me is there any way I can make naan without eggs, without yeast and without help of microwave or oven. I know it may not taste exactly like we eat in hotel, but is there any way to make it the way as mentioned above... :thankyou2:

2. Ranjanakrishnan

Ranjanakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi rissy, you can make Naan without eggs or yeast. it exactly like as in hotel. here i'm giving the recipe.

all pupose flour or maida---1cup,, sour curd---1/4 cup, salt to taste, oil---3 tsp

mix all the given ingredients if you need more water use warm water to knead the dough and keep it aside for 1hr. Then knead it softly and roll it .apply water in one side of rolled Naan and stick it in the innerside wall of cooker, and reverse the cooker and heat the inner side in gas. cook on either side in this method. you can get the tasty Naan as in hotel. serve hot with your prefered side dish.

2 people like this.
  3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

That is quite innovative. I will surely give it a try. Thans for the tip.