Drumstick Fry (MurungakkAi)

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by malaswami, Nov 15, 2011.

1. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

Drumstick is famous in almost all parts of Tamilnadu and of course, its taken in many of the noon dishes in interior parts.... This became famous in many cities only after Drumstick was taken as good food in Mundhanai Mudichi, by Mr. K.Bagyaraj.....

Usually during week ends, all use to have lunch together and have good fun over the time around. Making other dishes makes yummy, this Drumstick will have more fun over, and making this dish is very simple and easy.... My hubby use to make some of the good recipes which I learned from him a lot.. He worked in his young age with a Catering master for some period, and used to teach me some good recipes.... I have taken his recipe from his blog and posted here....

Ingredients :-
    Drumstick - 3 nos (cut into 2 inches size)
    Onion - 2 nos medium (finely chopped)
    Tomato - 2 nos (finely chopped)
    Curry leaves - 1 punch
    Mustard seeds - 1 ts
    Urud Dal - 1 ts
    Bengal Gram - 1 ts
    Chilli powder - 2 ts
    Turmeric powder - 1/2 ts
    Cumin powder - 2 ts
    Coriander powder - 2 ts
    Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 ts
    Salt - to taste

Preparation Method :-

Cut drumstick and boil in water for about 5 mins, drain the water and keep aside. In a kadai, add oil and when heated, add mustard seeds when splitters, add urud dal, bengal gram, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, onion, tomato one by one, still aroma arises. Then add the boiled drumstick, and all other ingredients and saute for 5 minutes. When it is cooked, add salt and 2 ts of water to make it good cooking. Remove from stove and serve hot with Curd rice, Roti, Sambar rice, etc....

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013

2. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Hi, I am so tempted after seeing the picture.. thanks for sharing the procedure.. will definitely try this week.

1 person likes this.