Nati koli saaru...

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by MithuAkhi, Apr 19, 2011.

1. MithuAkhi

MithuAkhi New IL'ite

Hi All,

Please anyone post the recipe making traditional way of Nati koli saaru. Very much interested to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.Love to sip this spicy soup HOT.
    I learned it from my Mom.
    In cities we won't find Nattu koli.So used to make this only in my native place.
    Lazy to text the recipe.:hide:
    But surprisingly got the more or less same recipe from Solai's True Chettinad kitchen..Chettinad Kozhi Rasam (Chettinad Chicken Rasam) ........so sharing from there.....:)

Chettinad Kozhi Rasam (Chettinad Chicken Rasam)

Kozhi Rasam is very popular in chettinad. This rasam made in temples like Kali Kovil during Poosai Poduthal when they sacrifice kozhi or kadai will be very tasty .Last time when We went home during summer holidays my daughter and myself got a chance to taste this rasam in a poosai in the local Kali Kovil. The taste of which I can’t describe in words. My daughter from that day is going on asking me to prepare this rasam. This Rasam though spicy is an excellent home remedy for common cold. The cold will vanish the next day. I got the recipe for the rsam from the people who cooked in the temple itself. As they were cooking large quantities they were not able to provide exact measurements. I prepared the rasam two or three times and got an idea of the measurements and got ready to share the recipe with you people
    Ingredients
    Chicken (bony pieces)-250 gms
    Chopped pearl onion-15
    Tomato-1
    Chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
    Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon

Ingredients (to grind) (Rasam powder)
    Pepper corns-1 teaspoon
    Small jeera -1 teaspoon
    Fennel seeds-1/2 teaspoon
    Corriander powder-1 teaspoon
    Red chillies-2
    Small onion-4
    Garlic-5
    Procedure
    Wash the chicken nicely. Pressure cook the chicken along with the minced onion, tomatoes and chili powder adding 5 cups of water. Add the turmeric powder and half the salt needed. Wait for a whistle and then simmer the flame. Cook for another 8 minutes and switch off the stove.
    Prepare rasam powder by grinding fennel seeds, pepper corn, small jeera and chilies first. Once they are powdered nicely add the coriander powder. Grind once. Now add the garlic and onion and grind together without adding water.
    Open the cooker. Strain the rasam and keep aside.
    Now keep the kadai in the stove.In ½ teaspoon oil season the rasam with ½ teaspoon of small jeera and curry leaves. Pour the rasam into the kadai. Add the rasam powder and the salt needed. Bring the rasam to a nice boil and switch off the stove.

The strained out chicken pieces can be added to the chicken fry if you prepare one separately in the final stage and mixed well or you can fry the pieces with little onion, tomatoes and chili powder.
    The rasam can be garnished with coriander leaves while serving.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.