1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

I m in need for motivation

Discussion in 'Rangoli / Kolam' started by HakunaMatata, Sep 12, 2015.

1. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

I like to make kolam, but i m entangled with myself with the limitations of making my kolam..

We living in apartment, in which i have 1.5 x 1.5 feet space for put my kolam..
    We are living in top floor (no other house in our floor), so no one is going to see, whether i put kolam or not..:thumbsdown

Very less space and no visitors made me demotivated for putting the kolam..

More over i m very very beginner of making kolam, so mine will look very childish.. that stopped me to post kolam in daily motivators theard in this section..

Please help me, how can i motivated myself to kolam (many times i have been get humiliated for not able to put kolam:cry:)

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Best thing is to 'untangle' yourself from your limitations.

1. Pls. Get to know why we have kolams near the front door. It is not to get visitors' response but to
    a. with rice floor to feed small insects like ants, (mostly discourages these from invading the indoors)
    b. Since you feed other small jivas, attract prosperity from all celestial beings

c. to express our creativity, however inexperienced we are,

d.I can even say that doing it and trying out new ones keeps our minds sharp over a long period of time, thus preventing dementia.

e.adding beauty outside the door as much as inside,

f. at least to show everyone that you live to please yourself and not others, more so, with reg. to kolams near the door.

g. to feel very happy about the admiration and surprise about your beautiful kolams, in due course of time, I am sure of that..

1 person likes this.