1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

OHP Rangolis

Discussion in 'Rangoli / Kolam' started by sridevidiwanji, Mar 27, 2014.

1. sridevidiwanji

sridevidiwanji New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Today I am going to talk about OHP Rangolis. OHP Rangolis is a new modern rangoli.This is the new fashion or trend in south India and rapidly spreading in all parts of India. tleast in Mumbai a very working city is now adopting this.
    OHP is a transparent sheet wherein kundans are attached to create a beautiful rangoli with innovative and creative design. The different shapes, colours and size attract women. These rangolis can be used during festivals, Puja's , to give gift's or for any other auspicious occassion.
    Now these rangolis came in to being due to various reasons like:
    Now there is buliding system and rangolis can not be created outside the flat because of limited place, also the garbage pickers rub the rangoli, and sometime there is a rule in a building that rangoli should not be created outside.At our home due to white tiles rangoli can nit be seen and in tamil homes they make rangoli with rice paste which once drawn on a floor sticks there for a long time and a lot of strenth is needed to remove that rangoli. And talking about stickers after some time there show goes off and while removing it the floor gets damaged. Also in today's modern world women have no time to make rangoli or don't know how to make one. And during festivals or any other occasions we actually don't get time to make good and big rangoli.
    These are the common problem faced by us, a for that OHP rangolis are very much useful. They are creative, elegant and innovative. I now always use them during Ganesh Chaturthi, Diwali, Gudhipadwa and for many other festivals.
    And also many people got attracted towards it and they started asking as what this rangoli is....These rangolis are very handy and are mobile and durable. You are your own creative, you can uise as many ohp rangolis you want and can make a big rangoli in no time.
    Last month I had my Father-in-laws Sahastra Darshan that is celebrated when one turns eighty.we had a huge 8 days program at my house, as many people were going to come so i decorated my house with OHP Rangolis and while Puja's I used them too. It was very welcoming to the guest and all were refreshed with this.
    I was introduced to this rangolis by my aunty. I purchased these rangolis from Nikita Creations who make these hand made rangolis. also these rangolis are of gud quality and with affordable price as I belong to a middle class family, I thought the rate would be high, but it is substantially low.
    I shared this cause many women face the above problem, it is a story of every women.
    Also I will share OHP Rangolis pictures.
    https://www.facebook.com/creationsnikita/photos_stream
    See the above link.
    Thank You