Why only men are allowed to perform puja's in the temple?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by NainikaSomaiya, Dec 2, 2009.

1. NainikaSomaiya

NainikaSomaiya New IL'ite

Hi,

When women are equal in all aspects to men .Today, women are working at the top most position in reputed firms. Some are even Ceo's of large corporates like Pepsico and ICICI. Then, why are women not allowed the same rights in the temple.

Gals don't you feel this is gender discrimination?

Gimme your opinions on this,

Nainika

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I stongly feel it is gender discrimination.But some people will come up with weird things like the "P" thing for the women being not allowed to perform pooja.But I do not understand how can anybody (who beleives in god) can lay such rules when he beleives that women and her biological process/aspects are created by god.

But there are changes happening though it is not so prevalent.I read in a magazine that there are women preists in some places.

There could be another reason to this.Women were suppressed right and they were not allowed to come in front of men in those days and it continues till.It is a new area to explore huh?:bonk

3. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

its because of the biological process that's happening everymonth for ladies.....

But still there is a sarpa temple in kerala where ladies only do the poojas

4. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

I believe ladies are able to partake in prayers in Melmaravathur temple even when they are having menses (please correct me if I am wrong).

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I was about to say the same as soon as I saw the title of the thread.

Looks like a old thread but..