Rebirths

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Riyaa, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm Riyaa, new to this community. I'm a yoga Therapist. I'm just curious to know, how many of you believe in rebirths and why? Also, If you have any remarkable experience with any siddar(sorry, I don't know the exact English word for it -may be translated as a yogi with extraordinary yogic powers)or have read about them kindly share it with us.
    Hari om,
    Riyaa.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Riyaa,

I don't believe in the rebirth you are talking about.

The next morning if I wake up, it's a rebirth.

I believe in making the most & the best out of each day I live.

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Rebirth as in reincarnation ?

Well,for me it is difficult to believe in it until I have experienced visions from my previous birth.

Would not be surprised if science develops a technology in future to preserve our memory banks and synthesize bodily entity to conserve it for several generations.

4. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Thankyou, Natpudan(nice name!) and Sabitha for your reply. I'm glad about your positive attitude towards life. I was not sure about rebirths untill I read about the yogis who live in the caves of Himalayas. It is amazing to read about their lifestyle, yogic powers and miracles they perform. Most of us are looking into the outside world, failling to look inside ourselves. I have experienced how a simple pranayama done regularly calms down my mind. Then, nodoubt, yogis sitting in closed caves for months together, without seeing a single humanbeing, eating a little food just to survive and doing vigorous pranayamas and meditation will have extraordinary powers.
    They cast off their body at their will.They control their birth and death. I don't know what science would discover in future, but with regular yogic practices we can definetly discover the universal soul(so called God).
    Hari Om,
    Riyaa.

5. luvelife

luvelife New IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes I believe in rebirth,God has given us this beautiful life on earth,and it is a test for every individual,we get reward according to our good and bad deeds,so I believe that when we die after that we will reborn on the Day Of Judgement,and then according to our deeds we will be rewarded heaven or hell....I dont believe on 3-4 times rebirth like how they show on tv.

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

thanks riyaa for the compliments.

7. aniwils

aniwils New IL'ite

Hi Riya,

I'm not a very religious person, and so is interested in a more logical explanation to the question of rebirth. I feel life is a form of energy, and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. So logically there should be rebirth, right? Thats what I feel.

Aniwils.

8. sonamkumar

sonamkumar Senior IL'ite

Hi Riyaa,
    About your question about rebirths. In the book "Midnight with the mystic" Sadhguru jaggi vasudev, Isha yoga founder has described his past births.
    I hope it helps.