when do you go to temple after periods?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by msquare, Oct 6, 2008.

1. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

I have a five day period cycle. The first three days are very normal and the fiveth and sixth a little or nothing. In this case, do you wait until five days or just have to follow the three day rule? what do you follow?

2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi!

I guess it depends on each one's belief or level of comfortability.
    I go after 7 days, coz my mum used to say so and I've been following that till today. My cycle is just like urs. But I also know of people who go when they ahve periods, and some after 3rd day, so it basically depends what u r comfy with and what has been taught by mummy dear I guess!

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

i go only on the fifth day. my mom also asked me to take head bath on 5th day too if i have to go to temple.if i have spottings on 5th day i avoid going but if i have to go i will.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I go only when I am completely "off", if you know what I mean.. and that means 7 days whatsoever ..

5. keerthy84

keerthy84 New IL'ite

Hi!!!

I used to go when it stops Completely.. That after taking head bath...

6. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

For me the cycle is exactly 5 days.So I go after 5 days .I think its normal for some women to have something or nothing on day 4/5.

Thanks
    Mangai

7. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear msquare,

If the temple is with dwajastambam, strictly you can go only after 7days.
    other temples we can go after 5 days after having oilbath.

8. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

During our periods, we usually go through pains for 3 or 5 or 7 days depending on each one's cycle. So when you are physically suffering, you cannot absorb those good vibrations in the temple, that is your body, of course some will mentally fit, but this is some exceptional cases, otherwise both physical and mental body will be disturbed during our periods............due to the hormonal changes in our body................this is the reason we dont go near the Gods...............and more over any work involving more physical activities is avoided during these days..........we allow our body to take rest...........so that the uterus is also not disturbed..............that is why these 3,5,7 days we follow.......................our body and mind comes back to the normalcy after the 7th day............
    my My 2cents
    these were the explanations given to us during the personality course..............in Vethathiri World Community Services Trust

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Whether be it on the 4th /5th or 7th you must be comfortable with the idea. Usualy we go after the hair bath. I suppose after the mensuration our energy cycle improves again. I do remember my mom used to take little raw rice with salt & turmeric powder for the hair bath. Now i understand that salt clears tainted energy from our body& rice with turmeric powder (similar to akshathai) enhances or clears all bad vibes.
    I suppose it is upto you. I also notice after the hair bath one may clear whatever stains left behind.
    Jaya

10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi

i used to go to the temple after five days.