Thirunallaru - Guidance please

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by msm, Jul 5, 2015.

1. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Dear all - am planning to visit Thirunallaru during one weekend this month with my two daughters (12.5, 5) and Husband. Please provide me your guidance like what type of pooja to be performed and other Dos/Dont's.

I learnt that we need to take oil bath in the Nala theertham in black dress and leave all of the dress that was worn during the oil bath in the water, cover with another big piece of cloth or sheet from the pond and change dress in the room near the pond. Then go to the Vinayakar sannithi, do sitharu thengai (break the coconut by throwing infront of Vinayakar) perform archanai to SaniEswarar. Should we darishan to Tharpaaranyeswar prior to the bath/visiting SaniEswarar or enter the temple after the bath in Nalatheertham, perform darshan to Tharpaaranyeswar other shrines like we normally do in other Siva temples and then go to SaniEswarar.

Will be travelling from Bangalore on a Friday night and go to Karaikal then to Thirunallar the Saturday morning. Planning to return on the same Saturday itself, Is it a must to stay in Thirunallar? Can we go to other temples/tourist places after the Thirunallar Darishan on Saturday?

@Saisakthi sister, @Shanvy - please share your knowledge/experiences, will be very grateful.