Narasimha Avatar

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by jayasala42, May 23, 2015.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

SageVyasa described Krishna Avatar as adbhutam ( wonderful) whereas he described Narasimha Avatar as the most wonderful( Athi Adbhutam).

To western scholars this avatar seems to be an electrical phenomenon.
    Naasthi --was the argument of Hiranyaka shipu .

He EXISTS( Asthi) was the faithful contention of the son Prahlada.

The clash of positive and negative energy( asthi and Naasthi) created sound and light.The great sound that arose merged with all the mantra sabdas in the air.The roaring sound reached Brahma loka first and toppled him out of the throne first.It was Brahma who granted that 'improbable and impossible'boon to Hiranyaka shipu and Brahma needed to be punished for a while.

The emanating Narasimha shone brilliantly like a light.
    The Lord had to fulfill so many conditions during the avatar The demon should not be killed either during day or night, either by a man or animal, and by using weapons of any sort.

This was like an emergency landing.Though looks like spontaneous avatar,Lord had to prove his omnipresence.It became necessary for Hari to make the entire Universe pregnant with His form.Whether it was a sthamba or tree or river or mountain whichever object that Hiranyakashipu might show, Vishnu got himself ready to be delivered at a moment's notice.
    All the other Avatars had a single mother. But the entire Universe had Narasimha within itself .Normally we call Parvathi Devi as 'Viswa Matha'. ,the mother of Universe, but here the entire Viswa, Universe was fortunate to bear the paramatma for a while.

The Avatar required not only a demon but also a Jivatma in the form of a devotee ,Prahlada.

Before killing Hiranyakashipu Lord Narasimha was piercing his mental glances into the heart of Hiranyakashipu to examine whether the buses pointed towards the Lord came from his heart or lips. Had it been from lips perhaps Narasimha would have shown to sympathy to Hiranyaka shipu also.( Of course this is a comment by Upanyasaks while dealing with the 'Kaarunya' of Narasimha)

Sage Bharatwaja spent his entire life in learning Vedas and he could not complete his studies.He was given two extensions of life and even the he could not acquire all knowledge.At this point he started making Tapas and Lord Narasimha appeared before him to convince him that it is not possible for anyone to have complete mastery of vedas, whatever be the longevity provided.

In police Dept and CID ( crime Investigation Dept)training classes Narasimha avatar is very often quoted to demonstrate that a culprit however clever he be, would leave some clue for the experts to detect the crime. Hiranyakashipu has cleverly asked for a boon incorporating many conditions. The omniscient was able to pick the loop holes and masterminded the avatar.

All our mythologies offer some source of instructions and clues to the Administrative heads and investigating teams and business magnets to trace the loopholes and locate the vulnerable spots.

Jayasala 42

__._,_.___

[HR][/HR]

2. seekingheart

seekingheart Senior IL'ite

I am new to the group and had thought about just starting a new post...but I saw your post and wanted to reply. I am NOT Indian. I am a white American woman. I emailed Indusladies to ask if I had to be Indian, but received no reply. So here I am. I have been seeking religious answers. Answers for my heart. I think I have found some truth in the Hindu beliefs! Here is an experience of mine. Please tell me if this was an encounter with Narasimha. When I was 9 years old (I am now 48), I was practicing wrong things like seances, Oiuja board, calling on spirits that I did not know, moving objects with the mind. (I was raised a Christian but when I was 9 years old I was experimenting). Anyway, I had a dog that I loved dearly that had just died named Baby. I started chanting 'make Baby bark, make Baby bark'...then I started chanting in my head silently when all of a sudden to my right side a TERRIBLY LOUD ROAR came!! That scared me so badly that I have carried much fear in my life. It is the only true event in my life to understanding anything of the spiritual world. I NEVER again practiced anything of a dark nature. After that I tried to stay close to God only. Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions?? Was it Narasimha or God?

3. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

@jayasala42 : thank you Ma for this wonderful write-up of yours. I am enjoying reading Narayaneeyam. Please do inspire us more by suggesting good books for us to read.

regards,

Poetlatha

4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam

You have shared a wonderful write up and enlightened us through your Vast knowledge. Thanks for sharing.. I read twice to understand it completely. I wish to read more of your such articles. Mikka Nandree. Meloom nerya elutha Vazhthukaal.