pithru curses

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by geethachari, Sep 19, 2014.

1. geethachari

geethachari New IL'ite

my husband does not beleive in performing yearly ceremonies. on compulsion he will perform without any interest. iam really scared of pithru shapa and whether it will affect my children. is there any remedy for it.what ladies can do to solve this problem

2. geethachari

geethachari New IL'ite

my husband does not beleive in performing yearly ceremonies. on compulsion he will perform without any interest. iam really scared of pithru shapa and whether it will affect my children. is there any remedy for it.what ladies can do to solve this problem

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Pitra or ancestors...I am told never curse....they just bless. The yearly ceremony that we do (pitrapaksh) is a way of showing our respect for the souls. We remember them and pray to them to bless us. Do not bring any negative thoughts in your mind. If there is nothing much you can, the best thing to do would be to feed the poor...their smile and blessing is a way to connect to the departed souls.

1 person likes this.
  4. geethachari

geethachari New IL'ite

thank u very much rk gurbani.ur reply was very consoling and i am glad. we are regularly doing yearly ceremony . from now on wards i will start feeding the poor.

1 person likes this.
  5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

The souls they say during this period are awake and by doing charity in their memory we invoke their blessings to protect us from harm.

6. geethachari

geethachari New IL'ite

since i am going to sabari mala i want to know whether i can have food prepared during the yearly ceremonies (thithi) of my relatives kindly clarify because i am confused