Silver idol of shirdi sai baba

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by sathean, Aug 21, 2014.

1. sathean

sathean New IL'ite

Hi,

pls let me know if it is ok to worship silver form of baba bcos I'm planning to gift it to someone. Also they already have a marble idol that they have purchased in shirdi. I am confused whether it is possible to have 2 idols of the same in the puja room. If this is not ok then I will have to think of something else. Sai sisters pls advise.
    thx

1 person likes this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Sathean,

:welcome to IL family,

Why not? Silver Idols can be worshipped, and also many idols can be definitely placed in Pooja Room,

I have more than a dozen of him in different sizes, structure and the material, People who visit us say your home is filled with only Baba's

BTW if you can give us the darshan of your gift if possible only will be great.

May Baba guide us always, Let him through you reach your friends home and adorn their POOJA MANDHIR and also bless you both in abundance always, SAIRAM

3 people like this.
  3. lavy12

lavy12 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Sai Shakti,

I had a query which is running in my head not knowing whom to ask.

I have a marble idol of sai baba which is of almost 1' one feet height.

I heard that we are not supposed to have more than 2.5" idol at home.

1 - How to do the pooja to the idol?
    2 - Do we have to do abhishekham?

Please answer this queries so that i can do pooja in peace.

Sai Ram!!

Regards
    Lavy

1 person likes this.
  4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

IMO definitely yes..
    My pooja room is filled with pictures and idlos of Babab and only baba in various forms and sizes.. and i keep adding to it.

Devotion just needs a pure and calm mind and a clean pooja space if you can afford to..

Silver or gold or even diamond is ok as long as swami wishes to stays with us. He deceides in which form he will come to us and stay with us.

1 person likes this.
  5. sathean

sathean New IL'ite

Thanks for ur replies. I am yet to buy the idol. I have checked the price and size only. Btw it is supposed to be a gift for their housewarming function. Also we have all started worshipping baba since the last 2 years only and we have immense faith in him.
    last week my little one was down with fever and cough for 2 weeks. in spite of taking antibiotics the fever wouldn't go down and the there was a mild lung infection and the doc said if the fever didn't go down in another 48 hrs he would have to be admitted. That day I placed some vibuthi on babas feet and hands and applied the same on my son. The fever went down the same day.

4 people like this.
  6. Saisakthi

Sister Lavy,

:welcome to IL family and Sayee's fold,

The smaller idol which are talked about are for GODs like Ganesha.. Sayee is our Guru, So One feet Height Idol Baba is fine to worship at home, Worship Baba daily offering him flowers, fruits or even raisins or dry fruits or sugar candy, at the most a glass of Milk sweetened

Whatever you eat for B/f, Lunch or Dinner, once you have served your plate (you may have even stale ones) just before you commence Manaseega think of Sayee offer it to him and take your food as his Prasad and see the wonders.

Since the Idol is big enough do abishegam on festival days or on Thursdays (if possible) decorate him with dresses if possible

Treat him just like one of your family members, he will guide you always,

May Baba bless your home in abundance, Sairam

1 person likes this.
  7. Saisakthi

Simply endorse your views, Sister aparnag.

May Baba guide us as always, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  8. Saisakthi

Sister Sathean,

Sairam, Glad you thought of a good gift for your friends home, May Baba bless them with all wellness in abundance

Yes !!! Udhi is the Universal Medicine, It can do wonders and miracles, Glad Baba brought down the faith once you earnestly used Udhi and called him to be with your Kiddoo.

The faith is the utmost key, Here is an experience about Greatness of Udhi, there are much more, do read them when you find time

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...people/192300-greatness-udi-baba-s-sport.html

May Baba guide us always, SAIRAM

9. lavy12

lavy12 Silver IL'ite

Thanks dear sister said shakti,
    I will follow your instruction.

Regards
    Lavy

2 people like this.