in aadi month could meet bride and chroom family?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by BuviVishal, Jul 30, 2014.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

My family is more and more traditional. We are looking a bride for my brother. We got one profile from broker and matched two horoscopes. Since this is aadi month my father hesitating to see the bride family..

Could you please give suggestion for in this aadi month we could visit bride family?

2. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

they dont do any marriage related work during aadi masam coz earlier aadi masam meant heavy rains and ailments due to that, hence lots of spiritual activities are done during aadi, only post that ppl go for marriage, house warming, shifting house etc so it is preferable to wait till end of aadi masam

3. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

normally we (all of us) will avoid to see bride/bridegroom or check horoscope during aadi. Better to do it after aadi is over.

4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Hello Buvi ma'am,

The actual reason (this is what i heard) behind this is that the month of AADI is the most celebrated month for God & Goddess.

So, in a conscious that one should dedicate their time completely to their deities alone and not waste their time in any other activities like marriages or other events, our forefathers decided not to waste any time in other activities than meditating and doing the rituals to their holy deities.

So, no marriages are being done in the month of AADI and mostly in the month of Margazhi also. And same reason applies to Tuesdays too where we don't see many marriage events taking place. But this was wrongly interpreted as if this month were not good month and one should not do any good activities during these months and if done they wont be successful.

Even my elder bro's marriage has been fixed but my dad is waiting for this month to end so then we get proceed further. Basic imp. stuffs like card making and booking hall have been delayed simply because its aadi month going on...