Which Simple Religious Book to read.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Deepanv, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Deepanv

Deepanv Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

Which religious book can be read and easily understood by Hindus. I tried reading the Ramayana. But, I found it to be very tough. I have started reading the Sai Sathcharita Manas. Can you please suggest any other book of the same kind.
    Thanks.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

3. Deepanv

Deepanv Senior IL'ite

Dear Saisakthi Madam,
    Thanks a lot. I will go through the links. Thanks to you I am getting introduced to so many positive things.

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Deepanv,

SAIRAM

Please help yourself in the following link to read simple Ramayana it is a 14 day Parayan, towards the end the downloadable Doc version is also available, otherwise it goes day by day.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...as/212746-ramnavmi-2013-shirdi-18th-20th.html

You will enjoy reading RAMAYANA here. May Baba guide us always.

5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Dear Op,

I am currently reading Sri Namamrta' by Srila Prabhupad. You can get it from any Iskcon temple. It is a summary of all his books, on the strength of the holy name. After reading this book, you will get very motivated to chant and hear Krishna's name

It emphasises the importance of chanting, and about the power of Krishna's name.

You can try reading 'KRSNA' book by Srila Prabhupad, it is very sweet to read, it contains all the pastimes of Krishna from the time of His birth till the end.

6. Deepanv

Deepanv Senior IL'ite

Dearest Saisakthi Madam, thegirlygirl
    I have downloaded the following.
    1. Gurucharitra
    2. Rama Vijaya
    3. Sri Namamrta - Thankyou Girlygirl. Is it not the compiled book of The Srila Prabhupada Books. Can you please check if this is the book.
    http://harekrishnajapa.com/wp-conte..._Compiled_From_The_Srila_Prabhupada_Books.pdf
    4. I have got a copy 'KRSNA'Book

My friend also suggested reading Sundarakandam.

Thanks for motivating and helping me.

Love

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  7. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Dear Deepanv,

Yes, this is the book I am talking about, I have a hard copy of it, which I read everyday.

If you read a little bit from this book everyday, you will get motivated to chant, chanting is very important for spiritual advancement. Read the thread about 'chanting and meditation' which Viswa sir has recently written.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...r-of-meditation-and-chants-2.html#post3109288

But out of all the religious books that I have read, my most favourite is 'KRSNA' book. Please read that one first, it is just so sweet to read, I feel like I have been transported to Vrindavan whenever I read it!!

8. Deepanv

Deepanv Senior IL'ite

Thanks thegirlygirl..for introducing me to the book. It is really motivating. I think it is available at ISCKON stores.

1 person likes this.