Meditation--my views

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by luckysangeetha, Aug 15, 2013.

1. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Meditation
    There are two types of meditation
    Meditation by silence
    Meditation by Chanting

Meditation by meaning is itself is reflection of thoughts.Meditating is a way to bring all your energy thoughts into one centre point and making them to happen.How this is possible is that the third eye or the pineal gland will connect with the divine and so your inner soul will bring in a thought process to bring out a soultion for the problem.Not all the problems will be solved immeditaely some will take a long time because you need to wait for the correct time to click.
    Also while meditating your thought process comes to the correct angle that is because once you start meditating you become more silent and become a good observer.....

I have observed a lot of poeple who are good talkers rather than good listener.A Good listener can only be a good talker also.But we human beings are vice versa.....
    Obeserving your thought means your soul is able to observe your mind.When you are not able to differentiate between these two things then only comes the issue and we start looking out for solutions rather the solutions are inside.
    For Humans the toughest enemy is our own mind rather we all think the enemies are outside.For example:: If we dont get promotion in office due to some reason and its getting delayed when someone in familiy or around is asking ""Hey buddy what happened to your promotion???""" What we think inside is "" sick ass hole i am myself struggling here and asking for promotion and mind says avoid him as he has asked you a question that irritated you.But outward you would reply "" Yes yes soon with a BIG SMILE"".So here in this scenario also the mind was the enemy not that person who has asked for the promotion update.And next time when we see them we dont even smile at them.So human mind is the biggest enemy.Rather if we think the other way ""aaa its just a promotion and it will come to me when destined to get it"" you will not get the negative thought that you had inside your mind.

The above was a small observation and so mind plays very important role in meditating.So to control the mind and to bring all the energy to one center is not easy.It takes years to build that concentration.Meditaion doesnt mean sitting ilde and thinking.May be thats why but dedicating yourself 15mins a day for this process wil enhance your thought process day by day and so you become better and finally reach the end point of meditation.

So Meditation by chanting. Here its easy for starters. Initially when you try with meditation with silence too many thoughts would come and go and so you will be haunted and quit it. Rather try the meditation by chanting. Even in the process you will have issues on the initial time but some sound energy is passing inside your brain and you will be once in a while coming back to the chants though your mind wanders.

Sound has lot of energy and effects and so the mantras. These chants change the mood of the person and connects us with the divine because its like calling a person for help. So in a way chants are like calling the divine for help and so in turn you body will get tuned to the sound energy and day by day you become better....

The above are my observations and practices and i practice meditation by chanting and i have become a better now......
    Hard work, dedication only will pay for the meditation effects..........

IL Pls your opinions....

Hope this helps someone In need...

6 people like this.

2. sirikad

sirikad Senior IL'ite

you have very nicely written your idea of meditation. good work..

1 person likes this.
  3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sangeetha,

Very nice write up on meditation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  4. luckysangeetha

Thankyou raji and srikad

5. workhard

workhard Senior IL'ite

am so happy to get this thread , i dont know how to say thanks to you ,
    Due to some reasons am in deep depression since last 5yrs, this is very imp period for me , i
    tried alot to come out of it but failed..please tell me how to practice meditation regularly, im seriously in need of it :(

i cant go to meditation centers, please tell me how to learn it through net :( would be a great help to me

2 people like this.
  6. luckysangeetha

Workhard,

You need to practice religiously and sincerely and hard work. You don't need centres and guidance just by following your inner thoughts u will get the guidance

Meditation is in simple terms watching your inner self .......

7. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,

That's a nice article. Really liked it. How long does it usually takes to feel the real difference ?
    I meditated yesterday and i really didn't realize how 30 mins went by , it was a wonderful experience for me. I am going to make it a part of my lifestyle now.
    Is it ok to feel a little weightless after meditation ?

8. luckysangeetha

Yes all your worries and issues will reduce once started mediating. It took about a year for me to get a very little time for concentration still working on it to get better concentration. Mind wanders everywhere but hard work and dedication will lead the result.

Meditation is not a work its a practice and this practice had no end.......

1 person likes this.
  9. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply sangeeta ..

10. Yshnawe

Yshnawe New IL'ite

Sangeetha i am delighted to read your view on meditation. This is the idea I too had about meditation until few days back. And I would be glad to share it as I understand it now.
    In the first place, meditation CANNOT BE DONE, IT HAS TO HAPPEN. Concentrating and meditating are two different process. Meditation is when you forget yourself and become that which you were thinking(seeing, listening). That is why generally one feels too good after listening to a good piece of music, you are too much into it that you let go the ego.

All the same, with regard to meditation on divine, we cannot sit idle and wait for it to happen. SO WHAT TO DO? For meditation to happen, first there should be purity. One should purify oneself, mind, intellect everything, that is where chanting helps. But then utter recitation does not work, one should contemplate on the meaning of sloka, or visualise the diety along with his diiferent qualities.

Again purifying is not restricted to chanting a few minutes, one has to live that away at every level.

Coming to concentration, I strongly believe and experienced that concentrating is very troublesome. With concentration you force your mind. Mind is like a child, you force it, it turns more rebellious. So it is not concentration but observation that will help. Observe, your mind, the thoughts without getting involved in it. They will drag you, but come back. Observe again.

Sincerely, regularly done over a period of time that will bring the next stage whatever it is.
    One more hint is that mind soon gets calmer when you give it the things it likes. Eating a liked food, listening to favorite music, mind does not chat, thoughts are less, one happens to be in the PRESENT MOMENT. This is why the Ista deva, concept is also important. You like one form of god, or the formless form then your mind can easily stick to it.
    Okay those are my experiences, what like to here from others as well. Thankyou

Yshnawe

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.