Idol of Lakshmi in home.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Magee, Jun 10, 2013.

1. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

if the idol is bigger than our thumb size, abhishekam should be done on daily basis.that's why we keep thumb size at home generally.

2. arthimahalakshm

if guru has given the bigger size you get clarification regarding abhishekam. or pooja to be done on daily basis.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Magee,

I have the varalakshmi mugam in my safe till the nombu, we usually welcome her the day before the nombu and give her a send off the day after (so she goes into safe keeping). on other days I worship srichakram, lakshmi, anna poorani. all are in silver. my lakshmi sits in a plate of rice, under her idol are gold and silver coins.

keeping a bowl of paddy or rice in the pooja, with a coin inside the same means there will not be shortage in food/money.

There also was a habit of keeping a pithalai padi (the measuring jar ) full of rice with a coin and the rice was always changed. i believe this was to ensure that you always have a padi of rice (this is almost equal to a kgs of rice) in case you empty the rice bin this saves you for a day.

2 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes radha, have been initiated into srichakra pooja and other devi poojas. so follow their instructions.

1 person likes this.
  5. arthimahalakshm

even me also keep the varalakshmi mugam in the safe only on ordinary days.
    but if you wish to have a mugam on vilakku you can keep it a separate mugam but definitely not the one which is used for varalakshmi pooja as it get spoiled due to heat and air) and do pooja on daily basis.
    so whatever may be the size and material,idols need daily pooja /chanting the slokas with least offerings like milk,raisins or sugar.

1 person likes this.