Narayaneeyam

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by sarojaravi, Jan 14, 2008.

1. svasu84

svasu84 New IL'ite

2. shvain34

shvain34 Silver IL'ite

dear svasu84
    pls try to get the cd of bhramashree venmani krishnan namboothiripadu...all the 100 dasakams are covered in a very clear recital.it has a divine feel to it..the other narayaneeyam cd's available have not covered all the dasakams..if u r from chennai i can even suggest places u can get it from..

3. shvain34

shvain34 Silver IL'ite

there is also a malayalam music website called devaragam.net where u can search for with the words "narayaneeyam".
    but its not in the correct order and can lead to confusions.anyway i would suggest you to have a look.let the lord guide u throughout.

4. sam9san

sam9san Gold IL'ite

Why do Keralites worship killer of their Kings. Matchya,Kurma,Varaha,Narasimha,Vamana,Prasurama etc. so many times to eliminate rulers of Kerala.:coffee

5. jkaly

jkaly Bronze IL'ite

It should not be taken that way. They worship killer of evil and protector of good.

6. sam9san

sam9san Gold IL'ite

They were south indians worshiping Lord Shiva , Loved very much by their subjects, Men of wisdom and Thapas, received many boons from Brahma and Shiva, their country was prosperous, why should Vishnu create his leela of pain on them, Anyway his Dharma stapana does not last long. Sobko Sanmati do Bhagwan we pray, but this lord of love want only war. :idontgetit:

7. Indhu91

Indhu91 New IL'ite

Hi, This is Indhu. This message is to harih, from trivandrumI just joined indus page. I ended up in this page when I googled for narayaneeyam parayanam.
    I am from TRivandrum and am interested in learning to chant narayaneeyam. I learnt to chant the first dashakam from Shri NOchur Venkitaraman's mp3 which I downloaded. and since then have been searching for a suitable person to learn it, when I came across this post. I also saw that your father has agreed to initiate vidya into chanting. Would it be possible for you to enquire if your father would be interested in teaching narayaneeyam parayanam to me too? I used to stay at Vinayaka nagar and I think I am familiar with the narayana Iyer whom who have referred to as your father's friend. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with this. Looking forward for your reply.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. Indhu91

Indhu91 New IL'ite

I am not from chennai, but my bro travels to chennai often. it would be great if you could let me know from where I can get.

9. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Dear Indhu

I have replied to your email with directions. You may revert at your leisure.

Dear Guruvayoorappan bhaktas

I am sharing an interesting anecdote I came across in the Maha Periyava forum.

Once a lay disciple prostrated at the feet of Periyava with tears in his eyes. Periyava who was a Sookshma-Jnani asked him in a voice full of compassion “Is it paining u very much? “ To which the disciple said “Yes“. Apparently the disciple was afflicted by a painful disease. (Some say Cancer).

Then Maha Periyava told him “Do not worry. Take down this verse from the Narayaneeyam. Recite it 108 times daily. You will be cured.“

About six months later the disciple again visited Maha Periyava. The great man recognised the visitor and asked him “How are you feeling now?“ To which the disciple replied “Gurunatha..With your grace I am fully cured!“

The verse given by Maha Periyava is
    Narayaneeyam (8:13)
    ie
    Asmin Paraathman nanu Paadma-kalpe
    Twamitthamutthapitha Padmayonih
    Ananthabhooma mama rogaraasim
    Nirundhi Vataalayavaasa Vishno!!

The anecdote also mentions that - after the above mentioned episode others have also chanted this sloka with devotion (Sraddha Bhakti & Vishwasam) and reported recovery from ailments.

3 people like this.
  10. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Very happy to be part of this thread...

I have just started reading the Naaraayaneeyam and what a bliss it is !!!

I am not too fluent as I do not know the exact recital method - I mean the sandhi etc.. but somehow I manage. Hope to get some CDs next time I get to visit Guruvayoor..

Thank you Harih for posting the anecdote .. it would be interesting to know more such anecdotes.