Can we wear Gold Anklets??

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by brindhak, Dec 28, 2007.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

hi everybody..
    I think this is the right place to clear my doubt.....
    Can we wear gold anklets.... ? Some people say that we should not wear anklets in gold becos.. Gold is considered as Godess Lakshmi... so we should not wear in our legs.. Is thatt true.. or is their any other reason...??

:thankyou2: brindhU

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

I dont know the significance behind this dear...

But we were told as youngsters that only Gods and Goddesses were permitted to wear gold anklets !!! and we followed what was told !!

May be i could check with somebody and post on the forum

cheers

Bhooma

3. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi brinda,
    Let me be clear that I am not sure of the exact reason why we should not wear Gold anklets but i can give you a reason why we could wear .According to what i have heard legs are very important parts of human body and they carry the burden of whole body. They have to be respected for their services and surely should be adored with Gold anklets. A practical reason is , i was tired of changing my silver anklets frequently as they used to lose the shine . I have been wearing Gold anklets for past 5 years and 100% nothing has gone wrong because of that. Comparatively silver anklets are good as wearing silver is also proven to be good for health. As i have heard from my mother , every jewellery we wear at that particular position whether anklets are toe rings, they control nervous system and keeps a person cool.

Regards
    Sri

afcpreethi likes this.
  4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I think the beliefs are based on culture and tradition in different parts of India.In Kerala,people frequently wear gold anklets and it is acceptable there.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I have been told by my mother not to use gold for anklets. So I have respected her orders.

6. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Thankyou very much for your responses.

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I hardly find any one wearing a gold anklet.But we can wear a gold plated anklet.Gold colour looks good.Those who liked can go a head on gold plated ornament.

8. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region>, many of them wear Gold Anklets (especially in one leg), I don't the reason behind it... but I have seen it from babies to old ladies

9. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

hi all

i have read that near the ankle joint there is the acupresurre point connecting to the uterus in ladies. thats why we wear silver anklets, so that it gently massages the pressure points. so no matter whether its gold or silver, this is how i feel.

the same thing goes with the hip chains (arina kayiru) for the babies.

regards
    padma