Our Treasure - Bhagavad Gita

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by BHAVNAM6, Jun 26, 2012.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

I love the fact about the GEETA that our devotion toward GOD does not fulfill unless we get the basic knowledge of the purpose of our life and the relationship among GOD,WORLD AND HUMANKIND.
    Our final destination is to merge with GOD after performing the role in the world desired by HIM. God is not visible by us and to feel Him around us by exploring the beautiful world he created for us. The sense of gratitude toward Him to be cultivated every moment for the blessing we have been granted to live in this divine world. Our journey toward HIM becomes easier and faster if we have conscious awareness of the amazing facts about sun,moon, mountains, rivers, oceans, plants,human body, animals etc created for us.The appreciation of all these boons granted by HIM is the first step of our devotion.This knowledge will make easier for us to be a true human being meaning being KARMYOGI ------performing karma with intellect and all karma becomes divine as we get to the point that all karma and its fruits are not ours but HIS and we are renting this body to fulfill our duties toward HIM.Our constant attempts not to have ownership for anything and everything whatsoever in this world make us stronger to handle the ups and downs of the life.To enjoy this beautiful world without being slave of the material happiness is the goal of life.This accomplishment is needed to be able to get HIS blessings.Meditation is a wonderful tool stated in GEETA to understand the complexity of life though it is a long and tough road still stick to it without getting disappointed.It will require many births to reach our goal and we need to be patient and keeping trust in HIM.
    When THE SOUL leaves the body it carries all the happy and sad emotions with it which reflects in our next birth. It means OUR PERSONALITY in this birth is pretty much the reflections of our previous births.So our positive approach toward life not only would help us in this birth but in next several births as well.When we have the strong feeling about the beauty of HIS generosity which will lead us to enjoy the divine pleasure without worrying about the worldly struggle as we know that all SAINTS regardless they had all troubles were enjoying amazing state of pleasure which was difficult for common people to understand.

13 people like this.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Re: Our Treasure..............Bhgavada Gita........

Hi Bhavana...
    I agree with you
    It helps to see the beauty of Gods creation....

2 people like this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Bhavad Gita is an amazing scripture to teach us to uplift our soul.............

Bhavna

2 people like this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhavna...
    I have to say i havent read much about Bhagavad Geetha but I have read its quotes in some magazine with real life examples that way I appreciate it My father has a book will get it when I visit my parents... Its time I read it

2 people like this.
  5. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Bhagvad Gita................Our Treasure....................TWO

Duyordhan did not find it necessary to believe in GOD as he had all material happiness and he was providing the same for the people of his kingdom. That was the concern for Lord Krishna as he thought that if the existence of GOD is forgotten among humankind then there would not be difference between human race and animals.HE knew that Pandavas are capable of preserving the divine culture and uplifting the lives of people.To sustain this basic truth led HIM tell the whole BHAGAVAD GITA.That is why MAHABHARATA is called DHARMA YUDDHA. Man should be born with the awareness of GOD and if that truth is forgotten then GOD has to take AVATAR.

In second chapter of Bhagvada GIta, Lord Krishna has mentioned......The relationship between our senses and material things .........which make us happy and unhappy......... meaning it is very inconsistent and changes often and we have to have the tolerance power to bear this reality. I think we have no room for any complaint whatsoever as it is the part of the deal when we are born here.We need to honor this universal truth by keeping........TRUST in HIM. As HE tries to explain........unhappiness makes us develop inferiority complex which is a obstacle to become a true human being.We got to be bold to perform all the KARMA.

Then HE tries to explain about the
    immortal soul.Which never takes birth or dies,and is SHASHWAT.It changes body one after another like we change clothes.Our human body should be used for the uplifting of our soul which is a unique entity than our body.Our task is to enlighten the world and continue making efforts to keep it rich in culture and purity so we do not lose the real connection with HIM. And in this process we need to be mentally stable regardless we have to face joy, sorrow,profit, loss,victory, defeat.
    We forget about the divine soul and its uplifting in the MITHYA MOHA.and keeping ourselves occupied in only materialistic happiness which is mortal and not giving us eternal happiness.It is called YOG when we have stability of mind regardless anything happens in life and our skill to perform all the KARMAS.We should try to be
    STHITAPRAGNA who has no desire even though he does all the worldly affairs he is meant to do.He separates his senses from material happiness and still he is enjoying the divine pleasure which leads him to the path toward GOD.

5 people like this.
  6. feya

feya Bronze IL'ite

Re: Bhagvad Gita................Our Treasure....................TWO

Informative. Thanks for posting, Have u put a part one too?

1 person likes this.
  7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Our Treasure .................,,,,,,,,,Bhagavad Gita..................,TWO

Bhagvad Gita................Our Treasure....................TWO

Duyordhan did not find it necessary to believe in GOD as he had all material happiness and he was providing the same for the people of his kingdom. That was the concern for Lord Krishna as he thought that if the existence of GOD is forgotten among humankind then there would not be difference between human race and animals.HE knew that Pandavas are capable of preserving the divine culture and uplifting the lives of people.To sustain this basic truth led HIM tell the whole BHAGAVAD GITA.That is why MAHABHARATA is called DHARMA YUDDHA. Man should be born with the awareness of GOD and if that truth is forgotten then GOD has to take AVATAR.

In second chapter of Bhagvada GIta, Lord Krishna has mentioned......The relationship between our senses and material things .........which make us happy and unhappy......... meaning it is very inconsistent and changes often and we have to have the tolerance power to bear this reality. I think we have no room for any complaint whatsoever as it is the part of the deal when we are born here.We need to honor this universal truth by keeping........TRUST in HIM. As HE tries to explain........unhappiness makes us develop inferiority complex which is a obstacle to become a true human being.We got to be bold to perform all the KARMA.

Then HE tries to explain about the
    immortal soul.Which never takes birth or dies,and is SHASHWAT.It changes body one after another like we change clothes.Our human body should be used for the uplifting of our soul which is a unique entity than our body.Our task is to enlighten the world and continue making efforts to keep it rich in culture and purity so we do not lose the real connection with HIM. And in this process we need to be mentally stable regardless we have to face joy, sorrow,profit, loss,victory, defeat.
    We forget about the divine soul and its uplifting in the MITHYA MOHA.and keeping ourselves occupied in only materialistic happiness which is mortal and not giving us eternal happiness.It is called YOG when we have stability of mind regardless anything happens in life and our skill to perform all the KARMAS.We should try to be
    STHITAPRAGNA who has no desire even though he does all the worldly affairs he is meant to do.He separates his senses from material happiness and still he is enjoying the divine pleasure which leads him to the path toward GOD.

8. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Re: Our Treasure .................,,,,,,,,,Bhagavad Gita..................,TWO

I quite agree with your thoughts. However, keeping in tune with the time, in our modern so called highly urbanized life we need to follow a more forward thinking approach to Bhagwad Gita.

Pleasures, material or spiritual are enjoyed by all, even the most enlightened ones as well. There is no harm in pursuing material pleasures, except:

1. No harm to living or non living, spiritual, mental, monetary should be done

2. In pursuing material pleasures, we should never forget the habit of going thru' forward thinking and thought leadership contents, either from Gita or from Quoran or from any other texts for that matter.

3. We must not forget that to live we need to be happy. Some people are happy with 5 rupees and some in 5 Lacs. The challenge is to limit the word 'more than that is needed against malicious intent and wrong deeds'...

4 people like this.
  9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Our Treasure .................,,,,,,,,,Bhagavad Gita..................,TWO

Hello Daksha,

I am glad you brought up your concern
    Thank you for taking interest.
    It is never mentioned in Gita not to enjoy this beautiful world.Please read my first thread.This world HE has created for all of us to enjoy.But while we enjoy it we better not forget to show our gratitude toward him in our every breath granted by him.He has made our human body where our soul can stay and uplift himself by fulfilling the divine purpose .Moderation ls the keyword in GITA.HE never encouraged to do even severe fasting.As HE mentioned you would be able to deprive yourself physically from food but still if you have urge for it mentally then it does not work in terms of our devotion toward him.The simple message HE has tried to convey that with the power of my MAYA you tend to keep yourselves engaged in the worldly activities without knowing his divine purpose.So whatever action you do make it divine.For example when we offer him flowers in our pooja and while doing that you think about the beauty,color, fragrance of flower and it is an amazing creation of the Super power and in this sense of gratitude you still hold the flower without offering him then still it is considered your love toward him.The whole concept of GITA is based on GRATITUDE toward him as whatever we are ,whatever we can do and whatever we enjoy is the blessings granted to us by him.I am going to post more details in my next several threads.

keep it up.

Bhavna

2 people like this.
  10. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Do you meditate? How? Is this also mentioned in the book that you've mentioned?

Okay, this is the broad understanding that I had never thought about earlier. Thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.