Inviting Swamiji at our home when having periods...

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by kSaranya8, Apr 2, 2012.

1. kSaranya8

kSaranya8 New IL'ite

Hi All,

This is my first post in IL. please bear with me if i have posted this thread in a wrong place.

Yesterday we had invited a swamiji to our place for a sathsang and for bikshai(lunch) but unfortunately I had my periods early in the morning. I was so upset (or may be confused) about what to do. Then i called my friends in whose place swamiji was staying since they where older people i thought they would be knowing what is to be done. They are brahmins whereas i am not.
    They asked my husband to continue if we wish to and asked me to stay in a room. I didn't want to be the reason for swamiji not coming to our house so i stayed in the room while 18 people were out in our house doing bhajans and other things. They are had their lunch and then finally after they had gone, then they allowed me to have my lunch.
    I know swamijis/sanyasis are pure and should be treated well when called home but I don't understand the logic behind me staying in a room out of his sight till he leaves the place. i was standing on the same carpet before he came in and doesn't it mean that i indirectly touched him?? All the others came in and spoke to me but ofcourse with few feet gap.. Does it mean we ladies shouldn't go to the place where swamijis are there? i tried searching for Kanchi periyava's quotes regarding this. Failed to find 1. saw a post here in Il regarding ladies should not touch anything or go near god. how about the swamijis? Please clear my doubt ladies. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

2. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Swaijis or Gurujis or Sanyasis are treated next to God.
    So the conditions laid down for the GOD holds good to them also.

These are enumerated in Dharma SAstra, Asousa Gaantam, chapter # 9, Slokas 1-47.

Sorry, for interruption here.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012