How to observe theetu on death?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by annu1881, Jun 22, 2011.

1. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

On my husband's side, there are many elderly relatives (cousins/aunts, uncles) of my father in law, most of them who are 80/85 yrs+ and most of them we have neither seen or met. Even my husband knows some of them only by relation or name. Over the last 2 yrs, there has been sad demise of some of these distant relatives of my husband. We live in a far away land out of the country and my in-laws sometimes indicate that a 3 day or 11 day theetu applies for us etc. Although all this entirely left to us whether to follow or not, sometimes i wonder, whether these things really are to be followed, more so as we might not be close to them and also that we living in a far off place. I wonder should we just carry on with our normal routine after the first bath on hearing the news. Please share your views.

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Annu,

Its all just belief some say but really they affect our lives in some part or the other. We should not get caught of those dhoshas as it from husband's side. have simple form of vrats and pray god thats enough.
    Keep posting in IL!!!