Sai Baba's appam doubled!!

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Hemakrishna, Jun 8, 2011.

1. koyalkar

koyalkar New IL'ite

hi this vandana koyalkar from chicago

i did the same thing like you..hemakrishna with all puja and faith..as i believe baba very much...
    but i did for 7 days..started on thurday eve and opened after noon arathi on next Thursday
    i got chapathi from one of my frnd who stays in my apartment ...
    my chapathi was not fitting enough in the box which she suggested
    i asked her too, that is that box ok for this chapathi because look like box is small for chapathi to fit ...not tooo tight ofcource..she siad ok
    on after 7 days after puja the chapathi was sticking to mother chapathi ....
    i could seperate half of the chapathi .but not whole
    i disappointed like hell..on that day i kept again some water ,teapowder,suger...
    got periods ..didnt do puja ...after 7 days after i cleared from periods.. opened
    see what this time .....got 2 nd chapathi ..
    now the problem is....to whom should i handover this chapathi...
    in temple i should try....
    can we leave like iin water or at tree in temple...

please help me....:bowdown:bowdown

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. koyalkar

koyalkar New IL'ite

i keeping in defreezer both of chapathi ..planning to go temple on this thursday again ....
    will do what ever u people sugest

3. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

hi hema,

I was living near Mylapore sai babas temple for more than five years. But so far, i didnt hear about this miracle. Swami can do anything if he wishes. you are lucky to get appam.

4. Hemakrishna

Hemakrishna New IL'ite

Hi Vandana,
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I saw the message only today. Could not use the computer for the past couple of days.

You can go to Sai Baba's temple and leave the boxes inside the temple premises. Ask the Baba devotees or volunteers for the suitable place, if you are going anywhere other than Mylapore temple.

At Mylapore, they ask us to leave the container under the navagraha trees (behind Baba).

I gave away one to my sister and left one in the temple.
    My sister too got two chapathis and she left both the containers under the trees.

All the best!

Cheers,
    Hema.

5. Hemakrishna

Hemakrishna New IL'ite

Hi Usha,
    Thanks for the reply. You too will get one, if you wish so!
    All the best.
    Cheers,
    Hema.

6. koyalkar

koyalkar New IL'ite

hi
    thanx hema...
    ya want to ask some on in temple but hesitating whether they know this process or not...but will ask for sure..i didnt go temple last week..this week ill go
    thanx once again hema........

7. srirampriya

srirampriya New IL'ite

Yes very true

I had the same experience last week. One of my friend gave me appam and told to add some tea powder and sugar also one glass of water and to my surprise the 8th day while opening the container there was a big and thick appam and beneath that there was the original appam which was thin before was also thick now. i gave the two to my relatives with the thamboolam,

can anyone advise how could it happen.

regards

uma

Dear Friends,

Last week I went to Sai Baba's temple at Mylapore. I never visited any Sai Baba's temple before. After Aarathi, a lady handed over a plastic container with tamboolam to me.

She said the following:

It contained Baba's prasadam 'appam' and I had to keep it in puja room for 8 days and after that the appam would be doubled. (Also during that time, our prayers would be answered.)

Then I have to keep the new appam in another container with tea water and sugar.

Both the containers should be given away to some other persons with tamboolam.

Even though, I am not a Sai Baba devotee, I kept that container in my puja place and kept a Baba statue over it. I lit lamp and agarbathi and keep flower as per my routine everyday.

To my surprise, on the 8th day, when I opened the container, I could peel off the second appam freely from the 'original/mother appam'. Some frothy, fermented liquid smell was there. The original appam's size remained the same. The newly formed appam was thin.

I gave away one to my relative and kept the other under the trees at the temple.

No extraordinary events took place during that period.

Anybody knows about this ritual? Please share your experiences if any.

Love,
    Hema.[/QUOTE]

8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I have not come across any such thing before;nice to hear about this miracle.om sairama.

9. Rinky31

Rinky31 Senior IL'ite

hi uma and geevee

it is purely science ,the roti given to you is the mother culture which is a mixture of yeast and bacteria which doubles in presence of sugar and tea,it is drunk as an health drink in china called "kombucha tea"
    My Kombucha Mushroom - YouTube

its something like setting curds you add culture to warm milk and the milk solidifies ,no miracle

wonder how it made connection to saibaba and came to be called as baba roti

roti or no roti babas blessings are always on us .
    Om sai ram.

2 people like this.
  10. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Hi ALL,
    I was following the sai vrat for 9 weeks and had gone for sai baba temple yday.. my mom was waiting outside while I was getting prasadam,then a woman came n gave my mom a tiffin box with appam.. she asked her to pray for 1 week.. and to pur tea,sugar and water in it.. when it doubles to distribute simularly to 2 persons..i was surprised as I feel I m lucky to receive this amongst such a huge crowd. I kept tea and sugar in it and didnt pur water as the appam was already wet..

Can I pour water now as I think it might be a mistake in the whole process?

I sincerley pray to SAI to fulfill my wish.. will update next week on the result..

Sri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai
    Om Sai Ram
    Om Sai Ram
    Om Sai Ram