do Pujas affect our day to day life ?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by chandra02, Apr 27, 2011.

1. chandra02

chandra02 New IL'ite

Hi ,
    Iam new to this website.I love to say that this is a cool place . My question is ,
    i do daily puja morning and evening ,everyday i read hanuman chalisa ,ram raksha stothram,,lalita sahranamam and many more......I would like to know do these pujas really affect our day to day life? if they affect how?

2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

in what way u r asking this question chandra?definitely the slokams u r reading for sure will give u and u r family a very good and a peacefull life.Please continue doing u r pooja both morning and evening.Dont worry abt anyother thing.

3. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi Chandra,
    Yes,when you are giving some time to do pooja that means you are connected to God.This will strengthen mind and bring lot of positivity in you.This inturn will give you peace and atmosphere in home will also be peacefull.Please continue this good practice and leave the rest of the thoughts.
    God bless..

4. madhuriarepogu

madhuriarepogu Junior IL'ite

Hi Chandra,

I strongly tell you that you are in right path to make ur life sucess is only because of pooja what you are doing . Bad conditions gets solution and reduce your stress.

Makes ur mind peace for sitting atleast few min before god and the mantra you read will enerigize u and make you confident to face any kind of situation.

Try reading any mantra loudly u will feel it .

madhuri
    Peace mind tells you the truth

5. naliniar

naliniar Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Pujas will never disturb our daily life when they are planned properly.Its not good to do puja by stopping all our other works.

doing puja in the morning and evening is good for our internal realisation which helps personal development.Work is worship.So we should do our routine works without fail.

I love this quote: Prayers are invisible, but make impossible things possible.

Cheers
    Nalini.

6. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Senior IL'ite

Yes chandra, I too agree with all the comments quoted above.
    It gives peaceful environment and harmony in your mind and in turn in your home.
    Wud like to add one more point that I have noticed recently in my day to day life.
    Previously, I used to light the lamp and do puja alone. If i had to recite hymns then did it alone.
    But from past 2 months me and my hubby are reciting hymns together in the evening. Even if he comes home late, we don't miss to recite.
    By doing it together loudly, I'm feeling a lot of positive energy than I used to have earlier while i did it alone.
    This reminds me of my school days, where in used to have more enthusiasm while we used to combined studies than when I studied alone at home.:)
    Those who are doing it alone please excuse me if these lines have offended you. :bowdownI just wanted to add my views.:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  7. MeliSundar

MeliSundar Junior IL'ite

Ram Ram Chandra,

In the words of Neem Karoli Baba:
    "All is God's will, but Maya prevents you from knowing it's all God's will. He gave us eyes, ears, nose, mouth. But he also gave us the wisdom to use them to attain God"
    so, By doing prayers (devotion), you are surrendering the mind to God and cultivating unconditional love.

"Love is the strongest Medicine."
    So then this love heals not just us, but also all around us...we see the unity by surrendering the idea that we are separate.

Last year during Durga Puja a devotee said that our connection to God is like a beautiful tree. And there are going to be weeds and such that pop up (like thoughts or even people that will challenge your beliefs), but your practice (pooja) is like a fence around that tree.

As we root ourselves in God, form diminishes..and all is one

"The best form is to worship God in every form."