Can some people bring bad luck to us?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by tanisha123, Feb 16, 2011.

1. tanisha123

tanisha123 New IL'ite

Few years back I invited some of my college friends to my house.
    All of us including my parents were talking in the living room and then my friends left.

The next day, one of them (let's call her A) told me that she felt so good to see me being so close with my dad. She said she hardly speaks to her dad, doesn't even sit near him, etc. After some time my dad passed away.

I never met my college mates again after I graduated.
    Then after one or two years later I contacted them again for my wedding and used to keep in touch with few of them. A and I used to sms and talk to each other over the phone.

Whenever I spoke to A over the phone, my hubby and I would have a huge argument or fight. A and I slowly reduced talking and finally stopped contacting each other since we were busy with our own life.

Then after some time, my hubby and I met A in the town. I spoke to her. My hubby and I had a big fight that night. This even happened whenever I smsed A.

I somehow had the feeling that A brings bad luck to me.
    So I stopped keeping in touch with her.
    But all of a sudden today when I am actually hoping for something good to happen, A appeared in facebook and started to chat with me. I wanted to ignore her at first but ended up chatting with her. I am so worried that something bad might happen.

Can some people bring bad luck or tragedy to us?

Appreciate your feedback.
    Thank you.

2. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

Well you are right I guess.. Though it would sound like we are in history some times our instincts are right.. With me there is one particular pendent given by a relative, and when ever I've worn that things have been not really nice..So it is probable that some things/people have negative effects on us.. :|

3. tanisha123

tanisha123 New IL'ite

Or could it just be coincidences.
    The girl that I mentioned is actually a very nice girl, atleast that's what I think. I don't think she'll wish for anything bad for me. I feel so guilty for trying to avoid her. Of course she would never be aware that she brings bad omen to me.

4. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Dear Tanisha,
    As you mentioned, some things can be coincidences and some things can be due to a person's thought/feeling.. I would refrain from saying/thinking that sos and so brings bad luck because that can be stretching it too far. But I agree, there is a lot of power in thought, negative or positive.. The thing is its the same yardstick for all. Just as we feel that a negative thought of unconscious jealousy from someone may be affecting us, we should also realize that we maybe affecting others with our unconscious innate negative thoughts, be it anger/jealousy whatever.. Then the solution is that we pray and try to keep our heart pure, and at the same time pray and hope that almighty protects us from all things small and big..

If possible, Try not have a psycological barrier towards your classmate.. If this is difficult, it is best you avoid her with a mature perspective that keeping in touch with her adds to your discomfort and disturbs your peace of mind..It is easy to advise, but hard to follow in real life.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

tanisha,
    There is no need to avoid your friend. These are all coincidences.

There is no connection between her and things that happened. So, do not believe in all these voodoo or abshagun (bad luck) stuff.

6. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

If I was in your place, I'll have minimum contact with her for the sake of my own peace of mind.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No need to avoid a decent friend. You'll only end up hurting human emotions if she is a generally decent friend or acquaintance.

Its not like she has special powers like in some bollywood fiction, and is some devil incarnate (if it is at all possible) who is magically altering things.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

hahahaha the way title was written, I thought there is a bigger problem...

I guess more than good or bad luck what you have to wonder is ....is this friend of yours energy sucker??? i.e there are some people (our so called friends) to whom when you talk..they are all aobut complaints, crying, emotions, sentis..and it just emotionally and mentally drains you out...So better watch out what are you talking to her....more family issues? inlaws issues?

If she comes in above category..then watch out what you are discussing with her as sometimes the morenegative you talk..the more depressed and down you will feeel.

Next is..if you both dont talk the above things...then might be you are just manifesting your fears from your past experiences...talk all you want today with her and when yoru husband comes home ensure that you have double the patience and love and affection than thenormal day and see how it goes :) just try the experiment

sindmani likes this.
  9. tanisha123

tanisha123 New IL'ite

hi sri,

actually i rarely meet this friend of mine.
    we would accidently meet at shopping malls etc, say like 1 or 2 years once.
    i will talk to her just for few minutes. just casual talks like asking about other college mates, reminding her to invite me for her wedding.

i said i chatted with her on facebook tat day, the next day my dh and i had an argument. :spin

10. tanisha123

tanisha123 New IL'ite

DH and I do fight occasionally but just small fight.
    Like I said I chatted with the friend I mentioned few days back, last night my DH and I had a very big fight, till not talking. This happens only when I meet, talk, sms and recently when I chat with her on facebook only. :spin