Confused

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by vjbunny, Dec 30, 2010.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I am very much confused about Lord Krishnas acts can anyone set me right.......

Why does He take part in punishing Karna?
    Why does He kill King Bali though he was following Dharma????????

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Only 1 thing I can think of...Lord Krishna promised allegiance to the Pandavas. According to the rules of war, thir enemy was his enemy and he had to kil Karna. He also did it for the greater good of manking.

Perhaps others can shed more light.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,
    Thanks for your FB.....It still confusing....

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear bunny,

I read your post on chitra ma's bhakthi thread and then read this post here. I will try to give based on whatever I have heard /understood.

Karna took the side of adharma. God will be there whereever dharma prevails. Period. So even if Karna is a good person, since he was indebted to Duryodhana ,took the side of adharma and had to pay the price.

Code:
    Why does He kill King Bali though he was following Dharma???????? 
    As per Srimad bhagavatham, Lord Narayana ( in the vamana avatara) did not kill Bali, but He blessed him by sending him to sutala. In fact Bali being a bhagavatothama(Bali is the grandson of Prahlada) , God didnot go to him to fight, but as a yachaka to beg from him three foot of land. When Sukhracharya (Bali's guru) prevented him from giving the dhaanam (charity ) of three foot of land citing that it was Hari who has come in the guise of the vamana brahmachari , Bali went against the instructions of his guru and gave the dhanam. and Lord blessed him with all wealth, prosperity and abundance and also gave him the boon as chiranjeevi(one who will live forever), stating that he will rule the sutala, and God will always be with him to protect him and Bali can even see that always. And as per bhagavatham , Narayana as Janardhana is protecting Bali's fort at Sutala as a guard .

Bali had to be punished because he along with the danavas became greedy due to the powers and they attacked heaven dethroning Indra , forcing Indra and other devaas to flee the heaven and live in hiding. Lord Narayana by sending him to sutala, humbled him, by showing that all that Bali aquired is just 2 feet for Him, and for third feet he has nothing to give, which made Bali to offer his head, as he was a righteous king and didnt want to go against his word. God reinstated Indra in the heaven and send Bali to Sutala , as every one has a place to live and should not be greedy in acquiring others property, making them homeless.

I would be happy, if your confusion is reduced atleast a little.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhi,
    Your explanation is awesome in fact you cured me of the confusion.......
    I just happened to read it somewhere since then I have been restless so posted here so that some one like you can explain Thank You Dear....

So God is telling us though you may be devotee n follow Dharma to tee but if you bow before greed even I wont tolerate..........

I think I have understood it correctly if not please feel free to put forward your ideas

6. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

another good example is Ravana. He was great devotee of Shiva but he had meet his fate for all the misdeeds.

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Thanks bunny, happy that your confusion is cleared now. :)

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

So is mine. Thanks, Radhikrish