Right Trunk Ganesha

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by gagmon, Nov 3, 2010.

1. gagmon

gagmon New IL'ite

Hi all,

On the occasion of Diwali i bought two differnt idols of laxmi and Ganesha. The Idol of Ganesha is having trunk on his right side.
    What shall i do now. shall i continue puja with idol or bought a new idol of Ganesha for puja.
    and what to do with this right trunk Ganesha?

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Continue the puja for right side Ganesh - It is very Good, but if we keep RS Ganesh then we have to perform twice a day for him specially.
    So In North India we used to keep LS ganesh at home usually.

But In south India they keep R S Ganesh at home at puja room and do arti.

Well if you have any hesitation, then leave the R S Ganesh in river or temple lakes with little cooked rice + little milk and flower.

3. gagmon

gagmon New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply.

I am having some hesitation so plz tel me shall i continue diwali puja with this idol and after puja on next day put that idol in temple or is it better to buy new idol of Ganesha for the diwali puja with Laxmiji.

4. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Do the puja and 7th Nov leave RS Ganesh with flower and milk rice in lake or river.

Show arti before leaving Ganesha in river

5. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

I think its no worries, my side R S Ganesha is considered very auspicious.
    We make it a point to choose Ganeshji's Murthy with right sided trunk for pooja on Ganesha Chaturthi.

And more than that i believe.....its your faith that counts...so you shouldn't worry. Anyways if you still hesitate, then the suggestions of other IL members to immerse the Lord after Pooja may suit you.

Cheer Up, No worries, Happy Diwali!!

6. hirenwebs

hirenwebs New IL'ite

I'm wearing right trunk ganesha's locket since 6 years. can u tell me is it good to wear? also what's significance of right trunk ganesha?

7. Sonvi

Sonvi Silver IL'ite

Every direction belongs to god...so dnt get paranoid over these things, i have shiv parivar murti with ganesh ji with rs trunk and he is lovely, i cant do puja to him x2 day but jus once as i start my morning aarti with him and he always blesses us...so plz jus av faith god will nva do bad to ppl who worship him with devotion :)