Death

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Huma, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody

I am sad to say my sister in law passed away yesterday at the age of 50 in France.

My mother is very upset and she always told me that when she prays to God she feels calm but why when you have a death in your family, your are not allowed to go near to god?

bye

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL so young too. May her soul rest in peace.
    I think your question is about not praying during the first 13 days after the death in the family. My undersatanding is during death or even births you have these days. I guess its because you need to focus on what's on hand right now instead of having all the religious rituals going on. But god is everywhere right so what if you can't go to pooja room or temple you can still meditate upon him, have a conversation with him and get your peace of mind.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi

It amaze me that a few persons view this and only you gave me a reply. Thank you very much for yours kind support.

bye

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Huma. I don't know why we should not go near God when we have death, sorry.