Puneites out of India at the moment...

Discussion in 'Pune' started by Manisha_roy, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Manisha_roy

Manisha_roy New IL'ite

Hi all...

My name is Manisha and am in Knoxville, TN at the moment. Just thought of starting a thread for ppl out of india so that we can talk abt where we are at the moment and when we are coming back to pune and stuff like that. i have lived in pune for more than 10 yrs n i just love that place. after marriage i joined my husband here, but now we r planning on coming back in jan or feb. most of my friends have left pune after marriage or coz of jobs so am looking to make good friends before i come back home. have a great day all....

2. S0na

S0na Senior IL'ite

Hi Manisha,
    We have one thing in common,love for Pune.
    I have lived in Pune for more than 5 years.Right now i m
    in Hongkong with my Husband.Same story with me..I had
    done my MBA from Pune,within just one year all of my friends
    left Pune either for Job or for Marriage.Others r too busy in their Offices.
    We will be in Pune by Dec,2008.Hope so !
    R u Working there ?
    Keep Writing !!!

3. Manisha_roy

Manisha_roy New IL'ite

hey sona

how r u doing? its really nice to know someone out there is in the same sorta situation as me...placewise n friendwise too:) no i am not working here so i have that much more time to make friends online:) what abt u...working? i hope to be in india too by next year..but u never know. i know once i go back to pune i definitely will make new friends but there is no harm in making new friends before going back..what say? are u on orkut? we can exchange email addresses over there..i dont think its allowed here.

tc

4. S0na

S0na Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear,
    Its always Great to find new friends.M not on Orkut Yaar,Since we are new elites we cannot send PM.No problems..its ok.M a homemaker here,We came here for only a few months,So never thought of working here.
    Keep Writing!! :)

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Manisha and sona,

Great to have some more IL friends in Pune...we look forward to seeing you here soon.

Manisha, are you staying back after your brother's marriage or going back then wind up and return.

6. Manisha_roy

Manisha_roy New IL'ite

Hey Roopa

Real nice of you to reply. Looks like am coming for the wedding and going back again...not exactly sure when we will be coming back for good. So is there an IL group there in Pune that meet regularly? If so, I would love to join whenever I can.
    Hey and thanx for the tip on beauticians...will have to do some R&D again of the beauticians in my area. Was actually hoping to get first hand info from ppl here coz I had a very bad experience with my beautician during my marriage..dont want to repeat it again. I dont mind contacting someone in Kalyaninagar if she is really good..so if there is someone u know that u've seen do good makeup i would appreciate the contact details.

Thanx
    Keep in touch.

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

One of the girls in our HR dept...her mom is a beautician...but am not sure if she is into bridal make-up or even for siders. Can find out.

But i have never used her services so am not sure how she is.

Anyways, i am not much into dressing up (make-up stuff and have short hair...so have never used the services of a beautician except for my wedding :hide:)

So far no IL meet has happened...but when you are here and if you have time do let me know we can meet up as fatima nagar and KN is not very far 15-20 min if no traffic.

8. Manisha_roy

Manisha_roy New IL'ite

hey roopa

am not into dressing up myself..but my marriage makeup was so badly done that i was hoping that atleast this time i can try to look decent. i definitely will try and meet you when i come to pune this time. please write to me at roy_manisha@yahoo.com..we can exchange contact details there...

thanx again

9. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am also from Pune.But I joined My Husband here in US.
    Missing puna very much.
    When I will come to Pune I will let you know.Then we can make plan for get together.
    I hope all of you are interested in meeting up.

10. S0na

S0na Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice to see posts in this thread after so many days.Keep going Gals.
    Wish u All a Very Happy Diwali !