Indus Ladies Prayers and Pooja Rooms

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by LLavanya, Jun 23, 2010.

1. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lavanya

I will be visiting India in 1st week of August. My native plave is Hyderabad, AP.
    I have some plans to come to Chennai, if they materialise then we meet. I also want to meet you very much.

I would be visiting Sree Padavallabha Swami Samastanam, Pitapuram (provided Swami gives his permission).

If i get hold of the books i can post them from Hyderabad, provided i have your addresses. I may not able to scan and send the books -Copy right issues.

Let me become a Private message user, then we can exchange email ids.
    Just very busy nowdays in the office.

How is your Siddha Mangala Stothra parayanam going on?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aarta

Sri Vishnu Sahasra Namaam is a collection of one thousand names of Lord Maha Vishnu. It is recited both as a Stotra as well as a Namaavali.

In the stotram: It appears in Mahabharata as a conversation between Grandsire Bhishma and Yudhistira.

So basically both are same.

Those who are new to reciting will find the reciting 1008 names easy. These namas are recited when we do pooja at home with flowers or tulasi.

In Andhra we read Vishnu Sahasranamavali during Sri Sathyanarayana pooja when the pandit reads and we put flowers & kumkum & haldi.

Personally i don't see any difference. They are the same.This is how i understood.
    I am not so well versed in poojas may be others can help you better in this matter.

Earlier when i started off i found chanting Vishnu Sahasranamam (stothra) very difficult so i used read 1008 namaavali.
    Then slowly i started listenning to MS then after sometime now it is very easy. I prefer stothram than namaavali.

And i see others have posted Vishnu Sahasranamavali in Sanskrit for you.
    Do you need it in english?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks Saras. I m very eager to meet u. if u come to chennai please tell me i ll meet u. Swamis blessings are always there with u surely u ll go to Temple. Sure u send me books. Once u join in Private messenger tell me, i ll also join.

Take care dear...as u r so busy.

Siddha Managala is going good. But i cant do at mornings...shifting the timings from morning to night but never missed pooja with Gods Grace.

Doing night as i ll reach home only by 8 like that. after that i ll do pooja some times. Mostly i ll complete morning itself. If delayed to office then will do at nights.

Saras, my sister missed one day pooja as she went to hospital. Do we need to start form first or is that ok if it is continued. Please suggest.

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lavanya

It is totally ok to do the Siddha Mangala Stothra parayana in the evening. I do it in the evenings. Mornings i don't get time as i leave very early to office.
    Till now how many times i have read , all of them were only in the evenings.
    Your sister can continue from previous. No need to start again. Nothing to worry. Swami sometimes tests our devotion.

I felt happy by your words that i will have good chance of visiting Pitapuram- The greatest place on the earth-where Swami was born.
    Hopefully will find sometime peacfully to pray. Because most of the time i am always in a hurry.

Pallakki seva in samastanam is really worth watching. In the samastanam they sing Siddha Mangala stothram so beautifully. With full devotion. You really get carried away by that.

5. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Dear SARAS,

I really like the elaboration. i simply read the holy Vishnu naamavalli,can you tell how to use flower/tulasi?

Definitely as you suggested ,i will first make myself good at naamavalli than go 4 stotra. Bundle of thanks for kind guidance.

With luv
    ~Aarta :)

6. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aarta

After reciting each nama you can put flower/tulasi/kumkum/haldi/rice grains(yellow)
    This may be difficult to do everyday. You can do this on Saturdays or on pournami or ekadasi days.
    Rest of the days you can simply chant.

7. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Thanks saras,

what should we do with tulasi ,which is offered?
    can i use it to eat as prasadam ?

Warm Regards
    Aarta:cheers

8. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aarta

You can eat it as prasadam.
    If you are using 1008 tulasi leaves you may not be able to eat all.
    You can make mala and put it for Lord Vishnu otherwise
    If they get dried you can put it in tulasi plant itself or at place where nobody stamps it.

9. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

:bowdown:bowdown

Hey saras ,thanks for clearing my doubts.

there is one more , One of Il memebers suggested to read rukmini kalyanam for 40 days at stretch ,then should i continue reading during menses also. As i am not a PM user yet , i find it difficult to get answer from priya_mommy who have mentioned it.

what are your views on this ???

Take care
    Aarta:)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  10. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Saras my fathers collection is going worse. All sides are locked and pressure from all the sides.We dont what is going to happen. i m having confident that my father will get all his position back. But still mind is totally stressed. thought of sharing with u.

I asked my mother to do what u told me in last thread.

Let Datta clear all my father problems. I became his devotee. he needs to take care of everything. I realized his presence with my sister promotion. Waiting for my fathers financial status to improve.
    Actually we did deals for ayappan temple prasadam. That is more money which got locked. Can you please tell some ayappan slogans to chant and ask for blessings.

My father is such a great personality. He never hurt anyone. He will help as far as he can. Polite and Nice person i ever met. God is giving continous problems to him and he is facing all problems all his life through.
    I just told everything from my heart for some relaxation and suggestion too.

Thanks my dear Saras for helping me always.