Alll about different types of homa , purpose, meaning etc

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Pavithra55, May 17, 2010.

1. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

Hi to all the indus ladies members.
    today am going to post all about homa and their importance, meaning, types of homa and their importance and purpose of doing it along with slokas.

Am posting it, hope so it is not already posted, if so, moderators can delete my post.

HOMA
    Meaning

Maharshi vedvyas as stated homa, or havan as a offering of intensive poojas to different gods, and goddess performed for a particular deity by invoking Agni,the god of fire.

homas are powerful ancient fire rituals that ahve been performed in India by the vedic ages for over 5000 years. people perform and attend homa pooja to get peace and happiness of mind, peace at home and workplace, for protection from miseries, fulfillment, of wishes and for spiritual benefits.

it is also done for prosperity, material abundence. it is also done for a speedy recovery from illness, for starting a new busines or a new project so that no evil forces or effects can hamper the growth, to remove troubles that prevent us from starting a sprititual path, for a smooth life, peace, and harmony in the family, to improve family relations, for sustaining the family, for departed souls.

homa is also done to remove black magic, evil forces, obstacles and negative vibration around a person and family and work plcas that hinder the progess and prosperity, busines losses, distress etc.

Different types of homas

there are 13 well known homas.
    they are :

1. GANAPATHI HOMA

2.AGHORA HOMA

3.MRUTYUNJAYA HOMA

4.LAKSHMI HOMA

5.NAVAGRAHA HOMA / SHANTI HOMA

6.SARASWATHI HOMA

7.DHANVANTRI HOMA

8.DEVI CHANDI HOMA

9.VASTU POOJA

10.MAHA SUDARSHANA HOMA

11.RAKSHOGNA HOMA

12.VISHNU SAHASRANAMA POOJA

13.SARPA DOSHA, SARPA SAMKARA.

IF THE INFORMATION AM GIVING YOU IS USEFULL, I SHALL UPDATE THE MEANING AND PURPOSE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED HOMAS.

KINDLY GIVE IN YOUR COMMENTS AND POST YOUR QUERIES. THANX

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

eight views and still not a single responded post. :bonk

3. victory1

victory1 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the information, I'd really like to know more about the homas mentioned above

4. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Hi pavitra.

Thaks for posting such gud information. i want more details about chandi homam. please provide me with those detials as for what purpose it is made, and if u had idea of procedure any.

As some of our elders had advised us to do it so we r planning to do in june when i come to india. so please reply as early as possible.

tons of thanks in advance,
    madhumathi.

5. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

As i verified i could see the informations about homas...have it posted??????????????if not please post.....if yes please repost..

Thanks for such an usefull information.

6. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi. thank you for stopping here and posting your comment. now today ill start posting about each homas one by one. sorry i could not log in yesterday as was out of town

GANAPATI HOMA

Another name of Ganapthi is SIDDHIVINAYAK.....! THE GOD OF GIVING SUCCESS.

It is believed that for becoming a successful man/women, GANAPATHI plays a very vital role. Ganapthi homa is done for bringing positive vibrations at home and at work places, for smooth running of business , for stating new ventures or generally to remove obstacles.

IMPOTRANCE OF THE HOMA

A. Performing this homa once every year will give prosperity, health and wealth.

B. If any is running of ketu dasa or bhuthi or there is some dosha of ketu in the horoscvope, he can perform this homa and get relief.

SHRI GANESHA PRAYER

'' VAKRATUNDA MAHAKAAYA, SURYAKOTI SAMAPRABHA.
    NIRVIGHNAM KURU MEY DEVA, SARVA KAARYESHU SARVADA ''

meaning : lord ganesha has a curved trunk with a powerful body. he had the brilliance of a millon suns. may the lord, remove all the problems from actions i aim to achieve.

next ill be posting about aghorra homa.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

AGHORA HOMA

this is done for lord '' AGHORA RUDRA '', the chief of bhootha ganas.. this homa is done for bhootha, pretha dosha parihara ( evil spirits ), breaking their spells and for drishti dosha pariahraa. this homa is performed for getting releived of all chronic enemities and there by to attain prosperity wealth and peace throughout life.

AGHORA RUDRA PRAYER

AGHORAAYA NAMSTUBHYAM GHORAGHORATARAAYA CHA
    GHORA MRITYU VINAASHAAYA AGHORAAYA CHA TE NAMAH

MEANING

SALUTIONS TO AGHORA RUDR WHO HELPS THE GOOD, TERROR FOR THE BAD AND WHO DESTROYS DEATH.

8. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

MAHAMRUTYUNJAYA HOMA

Mrutyunjaya homa is meant to appease LORD SHIVA and is performed to attain victory over mrityu ( death) This homa is performed on birthdays for long and healthy life. its is laso performed to cure chronic illness. this homa also helps to overcome the veil effects of enemies. it is perhaps one of the most effective spiritual ways of healing to survive and rejuventae a man/woman who is under a lifethreat and fighting against death.

This homa is invariably associated with maha mrutyunjaya mantras. this recieted or chanted to protect man against accidents, any kind of misfortune , fear of death etc....!

MAHA MRUTYUNJAYA PRAYER

'' MRUTYUNJAAYA RUDRAAYA NEELAKANTAAYA SHAMBHAVE..!
    AMRITESHAAYA SHARVAAYA MAHADEVAAYA TE NAMAHA...!!

MEANING
    I PRAY TO LORD MAHADEVA WHO HAD CONQURED DEATH, WHO IS THE DESTROYER OF THE UNIVERSE, WHI HAS A BLUE NECK AND WHO GIVES HAAPINESS TO ALL.

9. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

LAKSHMI HOMA

Maha lakshmi homa is one of the most auspicious homas for acquiring wealth. To grt a quick rescue from monetary and property problems, to get rid of scacity of money for prosperity, for material abdundance etc. maha lakshmi homa is believed to be very useful and very auspicious for keeping peace at home and outside.

mahalakshmi prayer.

'' namasthesthu mahamaaye- sripeethe suraapoojithe..!
    shanka chakra gadhasthe-mmaha lakshmi namasthuthe...!!

meaning

saltuations to the great maya. her adobe is none other than sri peetha or sri chakrs. she holds the conch and the disc. i worship sri maha lakshmiwith all devotion

10. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

NAVAGRAHA HOMA OR HAVAN NAVAGRAHA SHANTHI HOMA

Navagraha homa is an extremely beneficial homa. It is very useful since this homa strengthens the benefic planets and pacifies the malefic planets.

The homa is basically a combined homa for all nine grahas. this homa is idfeal for the people who are suffering from misfortunes, facing obstacles again and again and not obtaining the desired results in spite of repeated efforts.