Alll about different types of homa , purpose, meaning etc

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Pavithra55, May 17, 2010.

1. sandh

sandh IL Hall of Fame

hai pavithra thanks a lot for the information about all homa and you also included thr prayers,thanks for sharing,sandhya

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi corallux and sandh thanx for your feedback

3. ahilakaran

ahilakaran Silver IL'ite

Haai Pavithra....

Very Useful information.. Thanks for giving us the details about Homams and the prayers.

4. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi dear ahilakaran
    thanx for the feedback

5. Nithyananda Uda

Nithyananda Uda New IL'ite

have you done any research on the effectiveness of homa? we always say homa is for good health, success, etc. but does all that really happen to the one who performs homa or the person homa is done for?

6. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi Nithyananda Uda
    if any person does any kind of homa, he or she will be blessed with good health, wealth, and he ll be surrounded with positive vibes. its my personal opinion.:)

7. pnvgr

pnvgr New IL'ite

Hi Pavithra,

Thank you very much for such wonderful information. It will be very useful for everyone. I really appreciate you for such wonderful information. I wanted to know about MAHA SUDARSHANA HOMA, please can u explain it.

Thanks and Regards,

8. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi thanx for the feedback.
    sudharshana homa is done to ward off all the evil eyes effects, kan drusti, to attain health wealth etc. one who dose this home will be blessed with abundance of peace in life. you can consult your astrologer and do it because in some families they dont do this homa.

hope i have clarified

9. Rinky31

Rinky31 Senior IL'ite

Hi Pavitra
    thanks a lot for the info, can you pl clarify my doubt about navgrah homa-can it be done once for all the members of the family or should it be done individually for each member?
    The next is about mahamritunjay home or any other homa-actually homams include a lot of medicinal herbs and wood which give off antiseptic fumes which is supposed to give good health,but nowadays we hear of homams being performed and the prasad is shipped to people living abroad,so how will it help them,are these methods actually helpful or are they just money making devices .kindly advice
    God bless

10. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

Hi dear
    you can do the navagraha homa for all the family members. each person will have different graha doshas. so kindly check in with your astrologer and perform it.

And for our own convenient we at some times depend on the homas done in our home country. basically i its a indiviual preference.