Siddha Mangala stotram

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nanrajkumar, Apr 23, 2010.

1. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya

How are you and little Prahlad? I hope he is ok now?

Both Sri Padavallabha Charithamrutamu and Sri Guru Charithra are available in English.
    Both are great books. If you get chance buy both of them.

Which book to buy is very tough choice to make since both are like eyes to you and you cannot simply chose any one.

For your interest I would suggest Sri Padavallabha Charithamrutamu as it mentions about Prahlad, Sri Raghavendra swami and Lord Laxmi Narasimha Swami.

Wheat halwa prasadam:
    Use lapsi (broken wheat) or goduma rava (brown colour) , roast in ghee, cook in milk/water add cardamom + sugar, then at the end garnish with Kaaju & kismiss.

You can add banana if you want.

Warm regards:)
    Saras

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,

Thanks from the heart for ur kindness in helping others..Actually i was thinking to preparae wheat halwa this thursday. I was thinking to search in google. But with gods blessings i got the same from u and vidya. So nice feeling.

Will prepare it. But i have not heard of this lapsi (broken wheat). where can i get.. If it is not there can i use normal wheat rava?

3. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Also i wish to make wheat rava halwa every thursday....can i make it?

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lavanya

It is a great idea to make wheat halwa on thursdays and offer it to swami. Sri Padavallabha is very higly pleased with this prasadam offering.

This wheat halwa prasadam is also offered to swami in chitra nakshtaram days.
    Chitra is the birth nakshtram of swami. If this nakshatram falls on a Tuesday it is very very auspicious day. The pooja done to swami on that day yields great results.

Wheat rava is available in most of the supermarkets and it is brown in colour. I am not exactly getting the hindi word for it.

Like bombay rava or idli rava ,wheat rava is also available in every supermarket.
    For us infact in Muscat don't get fine wheat rava. Here rava is like wheat put into grinder for 2-3 times. There is no problem with that only it takes more time to cook.

Warm Regards
    Saras

5. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Hi Saras,

Thank you for starting this wonderful thread.

I have completed my 40 day parayana and on the last day I was only able to make Rava kheer, as I stay in France and Iam not able to find wheat rava here. For the annadhan, I have sent a cheque to Shirdi sai sanasthan trust.

I have been married for two and a half years and still to conceive.
    I have a doubt. Do I have to start my parayana once again, for my wishes to be fulfilled. ie do we have to do the parayana again and again till our wish is fulfilled. Please suggest.

6. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Abi,

If you wish you start again. This is not answer for what you asked.I also completed the parayan. Again I wish to start.

7. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Thanks Priesh. It is just that Iam so confused and stressed about the problem. Yes as you suggested I will start it once again.

PS: I have read a few of your posts and wish you all the best for a healthy and safe pregnancy.

8. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,
    I tried no body aware of it.

When i checked in google for lapsi it is broken wheat.

My question which one is used for make halwa, Kodumai ravai (Wheat rava)which is brown in color

or half grinded wheat.

If half grinded wheat means how to get it. I have not seen this before..

I m verythank full for all ur polite answers with helping nature.

Thanks in advance for ur kind reply for this question also.

9. abibaby

abibaby Silver IL'ite

Hi Lavanya,

Lapsi is samba kodumai rawa. Pls see the link below where Chitvish maam has mentioned the same for Lapsi rava idli.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/566-tasty-tiffins-tastier-snacks-12.html

I guess samba godumai rava is easily available in Chennai.

10. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi abibaby

It is nice to hear that you started and completed the 40 day parayana.
    Sri Swami's grace is on you that is why you were able to start and complete it.

Coming to prasadam: No problem dear whatever you prepare and offer him.
    Swami is smartagami. He is there when you think of him.

Sending to Shirdi Samastanam for annadanam-That is the best way to do annadanam when you stay overseas. I also do the same.

YOUR WISHES WILL BE FULLFILLED FOR SURE. THEY ARE MANY WHO VOUCHED FOR IT AS FAR AS I KNOW. Don't keep any doubts in mind regarding this.

Sri Padavallabha Swami's incarnation is one and the only incarnation of Sri Dattatreya where swami gets pleased by smarana ie by mere rememberance of his name. No rituals to follow. Praying to him is so simple. The speciality of this incarnation i.e SRI PADAVALLABHA'S is, it gives you all good things in life A-Z. That makes human being happy.

Swami nevers get angry. The divine parayana book Sri Padavallabha Charithamrutamu always says this. So never feel that when you are praying him, doing parayana or pooja that you are doing it wrong or you have missed something and your korika may not get fulfilled because of this.There is nothing like that. However you do he will accept provided you do with faith & devotion.

When you pray to him never fear him. You may fear your mother or father but not him. Many fear that Sri Dattatreya needs ritualistic pooja which is true but Sri Pada Sri Vallabhulu does not require all this shodopachara pooja.

Aby if you wish to start the parayana you may. There is no hard and fast rule that you should read till koorika gets fulfilled. It is very good to read Siddha Mangala stothram atleast once daily.

Whenever you feel low just chant this sloka

Digambara Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara
    Digambara Digambara Sri Avadhoota Chintana Digambara

To read Siddha Mangala Stothram you may need some amount of concentration but to chant this nothing is required. After few chantings you will automatically get concentration.

You will not only feel better infact you will feel very happy & confident. Try this.

Warm Regards
    Saras