Sri Raghavendrar Pooja for getting solutions for all your problems in your life

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by nsairam, Dec 28, 2009.

1. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Raghavendra devotees,

I am N.Sairam from Bangalore. I am very glad to share this 'Sri Raghavendra Swami Pooja' details with all of you in this blog as per the requests from our blog members . You can do this pooja if you want to have immediate solutions for all your problems in your life or want to fulfill your golden dreams. The procedure of doing pooja is as simple as our regular customed pooja, but we should be so clean. Remember either you can do this pooja for '3 continuous days', If it is not possible, then you

can do this pooja for six Thursdays and the ending of pooja should be done on 7th Thursday. By sincerely and fully following this Viradham for 3 continous days or for 7 thursdays, you can clearly see a positive way in your life. Have full faith while doing this pooja and you can surely experience the presence of Rayaru with you.

NOTE: [Please follow these rules very strictly in order to get your pooja successful]

a) Remember though the best days to worship Sri Raghavendrar is on Thursdays, you can start this pooja on any good day and hence no need to wait for Thursday to start the pooja.

b) Males should wear Dhothi(white color) and no shirt/banian should be worn while doing the pooja. Females should wear saree.

c) If you are starting pooja say on Thursday morning, Make sure that you wash (just soak it in water) your clothes (wearing for pooja ) on the previous day night (wednesday) and make it dry on a seperate cloth line where the pooja related clothes only should be dried.

d) Don't use bed or pillows for all the pooja days. Sleep on the floor covered with any clean clothes or mat.

e) Wake up early in the morning around 5 am to do the pooja.

f) Don't watch television or any entertaining programme as this would deviate your attention.

g) If possible, have fasting in the morning. Those who can't have fasting, they can have fruits and milk as their food.

h) Don't eat non-veg items if you are non-vegetarian.

i) Think of Raghavendra as much as possible during these pooja days. Avoid unwanted chatting and keep silence as much as possible.

The procedure of the pooja is as follows:

a) First, make the place of the pooja very clean. Then, apply kolam (or) Rangoli in the cleaned place. Then, place a small manai (a small wooden stand) and clean the manai and also apply kolam on the manai.

b) In the manai, using turmeric as the main, place him as the “first god”, Vinayagar and smear thilagam on him.Hence don't forget to place ganesh on the manai. Pray to Ganesh that your pooja should be completed without any hurdles and all your wishes to be fulfilled.

c) On the top of the Manai, place Sri Raghavendra's photo. The photo showed be cleaned and should be applied along with Sandalwood and kumkum. Then tie Thulasi garland and other flowers on the photo.

d) Place a Vilakku (light) on either side of the manai. If possible, apply some ghee to the oil in that light.

e) Keep the manai in the center of your pooja room. The reason behind this is to come around the Swami for doing prathakshanaam.

f) Collect good fruits, coconut, beetle leaves, etc and place it in front of the manai.

g) Do Archana first for Vinayagar and offer him with fruits, coconuts etc. This same fruits and coconuts should not be offered for Sri Raghavendrar, use separate fruits for him.

h) Now, we have made the set up of the place, where the Vilakku is placed in front of Sri Raghavendra's photo. Place these two in a place, where we can do the pradhakshanam (come around).

i) Before starting the pooja, make our minds clear and control them and we should ask our wish full heartedly. Sit in front of the photo, and show Dhoopam (sticks) and offer him with “Neivedhyam”. (Food)

j) Take about 2 (or) 3 thulasi leaves and close them in our inner hands and do Pradhakshanam around the photo and Vilakku.

k) We should make 11 Pradhakshanams and while doing so, tell this mantra.
    "Poojyaya Sri Raghavendraya
    Sathya Dharma Radhayacha
    Bhajatham Kalpavrukshaya Namatham
    Sri Kamadhenuvae"

NOTE: Chant this sloka for as many times you can say while doing Pradhakshanam, but minimum, we should chant for 11 times (1 time for 1 pradhakshanam).

k) After finishing 11 pradhakshanams, spread the Thulasi in our hand on Sri Raghavendrar and pray towards him. Finally do the "Sashtanga Namaskaram" towards him and finish the pooja. It is wise if we take one time food in the noon and eat a cup of milk along with some fruits in the night.

l) Follow this same procedure of doing the pooja for '3 continous days' or 7 Thursdays and on the last day of your pooja, you can dedicate payasam, coconut mixed with jaggery (A special item for this pooja) and some more special offerings towards him. During the days of Viradham, do not sleep in bed; you can sleep in ordinary floor by applying mat on it.

NOTE: DOn't be worried if you don't find Thulasi leaves in your location. Take samaanthi flower for doing this if you don't have.

By sincerely and fully following this Viradham for these mentioned days, you can clearly see a positive way in your life. NOTE: If you do the above pooja with pure devotion, I can assure you that Rayaru will definitely fulfill all your wishes. I am 100% sure about this.

I have mentioned the above pooja details based on my experience and if you find anything missing or anything wrongly mentioned, kindly let me know so that I can rectify my mistakes.

All the best.

'Jaya Jaya Raghavendra jaya Guru Raghavendra'

cheers
    Sairam

2. BlrRaghavendra

BlrRaghavendra New IL'ite

Dear Sairam sir,

Thank you so much for this. Greatly indebted. May Guru Sri Raghavendraswami bless you and your family abundantly

Thank you
    Krishna

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Thank you sairam Sir, very useful info for all the devotees here..

4. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Om Sairam

Thank you very much for sharing the pooja details. Used to do Ganesha pooja in the same way as you mentioned. I dont have photo of Guru Raghavenra, Because no seperate pooja room. But I have one small calender photo from mantralaya. Can I use that. Please reply. want to perform this pooja.

5. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya Lokesh,

Yes, you can very well use calender photo for doing the pooja. What Swami wants from us is true devotion only and hence no worries. In my house, the pooja room is very small and hence I kept in another room where I could find space for doing prathakshanam. Hence you can do pooja either in your hall or any other room where you can feel comfortable. You would get the Raghavendra photo soon once you start doing the pooja as Guru knows how to bring His photo to you. Be patient.

cheers
    Sairam

6. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Thank you very much for clarifying doubt.

7. goldenangel

goldenangel Senior IL'ite

Dear sairam
    Thankyou for sharing this divine pooja vidhanam, Im sure it will be useful for all of us here.

8. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Dear Sairam
    Thanks you so much for the details. My doubt is im having small kid and pooja room s small so i keep the photo in wooden stand and do pradakshinam and after that shall i move and keep in a place where itz not poss to touch by my kid? can i move that? plz inform me.

Radhiga.B

9. nsairam

nsairam Silver IL'ite

Dear Sister Radhiga,

First of all, I would like to thank you for reminding me of an important point from your query. If you are planning to do 3 days pooja, Remember, Once the photo is kept in a place for pooja, IT SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED TILL THE LAST DAY POOJA IS OVER. Since it is a strong belief that Raghavendra Swamigal will be present in that place for those 3 days and at the end of the 3rd day pooja, you can very well realise of why I am telling not to remove the photo during these days.

Dear sister, I can understand your problem well and have few suggestions for you. Please follow it If it is okay with you.

a) No worries if your pooja room is very small. You can perform pooja in any other rooms (e.g. Hall) where you can feel comfortable and no disturbances at all. Keep that place so clean till the end of the pooja days.

b) If the above suggestion is not comfortable, then it would be better to go for 7 Thursdays pooja where the photo can be removed once the pooja is done immediately on the very same day.

NOTE: My friendly advice to you is to go for the 3 days pooja itself since it is considered to be very powerful due to the following reasons. They are:

a) The 3 days duration is too short to complete the pooja and you don't need to wait for 7 thursdays.
    b) Our full attention would be on the pooja for these 3 days without any break.
    c) You can realise the blessings /miracles by Rayaru at the end of the 3rd day if you finish the pooja with pure devotion.

NOTE: Remember 'The fruit of Hard work is really Sweet and tasty". Whatever hindrances you get, please don't leave doing the pooja without finishing it and Rayaru will definitely bless you. All the best.

10. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Dear Sairam
    Thanks for the quick response. sorry for bothering u much small medai(we tell i tamil) s there in pooja room but if i keep in that then it is not poss to do pradakshinam. Shall i keep it in that small medai and without doing pradakshinam shalli continue 3 days pooja? i want to do this pooja thatzy disturbing u much.

Radhiga.B