Lakshmi Narayana Hrudayam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by akilarajaraman, Sep 10, 2009.

1. akilarajaraman

akilarajaraman Silver IL'ite

HI Friends..

Im looking for a link to download mp3 of lakshmi narayana hrudayam
    I have a copy of pdf file containing the entire text of this slokam..
    Can somebody help me with that? I can find links to listen online...But i want to have the mp3 downloaded..

Regards
    Akila Raja

2. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Hi

lakshmi+narayana+hridayam+mp3 torrent downloads - Verified Torrents

i searche dthrough google only even if you put Lakshmi Narayana Hrudayam Mp3 download and search youc an find out.

One of friend said we should listen Lakshmi Narayana Hrudayam on every Friday with pal payasam is it so?

can you plz post the pdf file in Tamil and can you explain the procedure when to listen and what are all the steps to be followed?

Radhiga.B

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Basaradhu,

You can start on a friday. but you have to read narayana hridayam and then lakshmi hridayam and again narayana hridayam (this is the paddathi) and you should be initiated into it by a guru.

4. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for the quick reply. im playing in DVD every friday in the evening and pal payasam nevaidyam pannuven. one of my friend said to do like that.im n bangalore noone is there to teach thatzy.

Radhiga.B

5. akilarajaraman

akilarajaraman Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends

Thanks for yr reply.. Im actually looking for a link for free download

Anyway coming to the procedure to be followed

My mom has been reading this slokam for last few years now.

This is the procedure she told me.
    This slokam should be chanted 5 times on fridays.
    i.e. read narayana hrudayam
    read lakshmi hrudayam
    read narayana hrudayam
    this counts one time..so repeat 4 more times. As beginners you can always read it once everyday n then get a hang of the words n try to chant 5 times on fridays..no hard n fast rule thou...no need to read 5 times at a stretch..can be paced thru the day..

It is most auspicious when you chant this slokam as per the below procedure.

Chant one time on the amavasai day of aypasi month (this comes around diwali time as my mom says) This marks the start of chanting..

Second day - 1 time
    Third day - 2 times
    so it goes on upto 15th day when u chant 15times (ideally it will be the pournami day when u complete this)
    last day do pal paysam nevidhyam

This is the actual procedure. It is not at all easy..i remember my mom wakes up at 4 or 5 in the morng to complete it 15 times..it takes a lot of practice..

I would suggest beginners to start chanting daily. This will work wonders..
    There will be no scarcity for money.

Best wishes to all of you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. Bts

Bts Junior IL'ite

7. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila

Thank you very much for giving the procedure for chanting Lakshmi Narayana Hrudayam. I know only that we have to chant Narayana Hrudayam, Lakshmi Hrudayam and again Narayana Hrudayam. But I don't know the other procedures. Thanks for posting the same.

Also I don't know where to get Guru for this. Should we not start on our own. Please tell me so that I can search for a Guru here and then start chanting it.

8. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Dear Akila raja,
    I am also delebratly searching for mp3 download of lakshmi narayana hruthayam.

Did u got it?can u sent the file in indus ladies songs site?

poorni

9. brs1966

brs1966 New IL'ite

Dear Mam

Could i get the MP3 Version of Sri Lakshmi Narayan Hirudayam as i could not open the Rapidshare link.

Thanks
    BRS1966

10. veerJMD

veerJMD New IL'ite

Dear Akilarajaraman,

Thanks so much for the information.

This prayer is rahasya. So it's supposed to be kept secret.

Anyhow, with all scriptures in hinduism which are supposed to be kept secret but now are openly available on the internet, I always have the faith that God will guard them from the wrong hands, i.e. if someone is SUPPOSED to find the scripture, he will be led by God to the knowledge and if someone is NOT supposed to find that person can search and search the entire web but will still not be able to find it.

This being said, I again thank you very muc for the valuable knowledge you gave us.

I was led to this prayer since I accidentally stumbled upon it many times.

But I have a few questions and would beg gratefull if anyone can answer them:

1. If I want to recite the prayer for the first time, do I have to begin on a friday or any other day?
    2. The prayer is supposed to be recited 5 times on friday night (the prayer itself states so), so if I recite it in the morning once and 4 times in the evening, does it still count? Or would it be better to do the entire 5 times in the evenings?
    3. Since I did not find anybody to initiate me, I went to our local temple here in Germany and asked the pandit if I may read it. He said yes, - so I suppose that's permission enough, right? I want to avoid any type of apraadh !! I also asked devi ji to personally guide me through the procedure. :)

And what about the puja setting? I don't believe so much in murti puja now, so can I just recite the prayer facing East without murti/pictures??

And please let me know if you have any other information on this. I would really be very very thankful to you.

Thanks again and Jai Lakshmi Naaraayan!!