Need Some pooja to get rid of Naga Dosha

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by chithraa, Jun 24, 2009.

1. chithraa

chithraa New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been told that i have Naga dosha..
    Am worried.. can anyone suggest any pooja for me..
    I stay in Bangalore.
    Please.....

Thanks in Advance,
    Chithraa

2. santhisantosh

santhisantosh Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    the bst place to get naga dosha nivarana pooja is -srikalahasti-temple,its in andhra pradesh and near to tirupati.

geevee68 likes this.
  3. chithraa

chithraa New IL'ite

I have already been to Kalahasthi 1 year back.

geevee68 likes this.
  4. lalit06

lalit06 New IL'ite

Get a silver naagam with seperated coils (not the one where the coils touch). Place it in a small cup(I used silver).Pour(as in abhishekam) milk and let the coils of the naagam be immersed in milk (with the hood above the milk level). Next day pour out the milk/curd, wash the naagam and repeat the process. No other special pooja is needed.

An astrologer advised to drink the abhishekam milk, while another one said not to. Latter seemed right to me.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  5. goldenangel

goldenangel Senior IL'ite

Hi
    1.You can fast on ayilyam natchatram(as many you want,3,5, 11, etc) and then in any temple if there is a naga stone statue do abhishekam to naga and archana to shiva.
    2.Also pour milk in naga puttu.
    Some slokas for naga devatha.It is already posted in forum.please search.
    Everything will be fine dont worry.
    bye

geevee68 likes this.
  6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Chithra

This is the info I have

Remedial Measures for Sarpa Dosha

In our daily life, we come across the word Sarpa dosha. Let us examine what is Sarpa dosha? Sarpa is the race of Surasa, inhabiting the waters Bhogavati beneath the Earth. They are supposed to have human face serpent-like lower extremities their kings are Shesha, Vasuki and Takshaka. 7 or 8 of the Sarpas are particularly mentioned in Mahabharata.
    Sarpa dosha and planetary dispositions:

Rahu occupying the eighth from lagna, identical with a malefic sign, in conjuction with or aspected by Sani, Rahu and Gulika in the eighth, Rahu occupying the badhaka Rasi in conjuction with Sani or aspected by Sani and Rahu and Gulika in the badhaka Rasis. If Rahu or Ketu is in the lagna, 2nd, 5th, 7th or 8th house, it is generally said to have Sarpa dosha. Ketu in the lagna called Manglya Sarpa Dosha causes delay in marriage. Ketu in the 2nd house called Aayurbhava Sarpa dosha creates longevity problems. Ketu in the 11th house called Putra bhava Sarpa dosha causes progency related problems. Rahu occupying the 8th from lagna, identical with a malefic sign, in conjuction with or aspected by Sani. Rahu and Gulika in the eighth, Rahu occupying the badhaka Rasi. 11th for moveable signs of Mesha, Karkataka, Tula and Makara, 9th house for fixed signs of Vrushaba, Simha, Dhannus and Kumba and 7th for dual signs Mithuna, Kanya, Dhannus and Meena Rasis.
    It is widely believed that the childless couples will be blessed with a child, if they observe the Naga Panchami vratra. Those who read the story from the Mahabharata on the day of Nagapanchami after worshipping Sarpas will be greatly relieved from the problems due to Sarpa dosha. The impact of Sarpa dosha is so severe that it may create early curtailment of wedlock, by death of spouse or divorce, delay in progency or no progency and unexpected accidents.
    Dosha Nivarana Mantra should be recited for 108 times daily for more results that are effective.
    Sarpa Dosha Nivarana Mantra

'Anantho Vasukee Seshaha Padmanaabhascha Kambalaha
    Sankhapaalo Dhaatharaastraha Takshaka Kaaliyasthatha
    Ethaani Navanaamaani Nagaanaam cha
    Mahaathmanaam
    Saayamkaale pateth nityam praathakaale'

Remedial Measures

Purchase two silver Sarpa prathimas five headed and two bodied idols and worship on Tuesday and Saturdays for 18 weeks. Visit the temple of Lord Subrmanya swamy every day and worship. Wear Gomed in a silver ring in the middle finger. Perform pooja of Lord Narasimha. Sri Krishna Himself sincerely worshipped Lord Narasimha that the poison of the evil snake Kaaliya had no effect on Him. Chant Lord Subramanya swamy ashtaka every day with utmost faith and sincerity. Visit Rameswaram, Devipattinam and the Navagraha temples around Kumbakonam with your spouse and offer prayers. Perform Garuda Panchami Vratra regularly every year. Donate pulses to the poor on 43 Wednesdays.

geevee68 likes this.
  7. SriVidya75

Nava Naaga Stotra

The natives who are under the grip of Kala Sarpa Dosha, Naga Dosha, Rahu and Ketu Dosha are advised to recite the following mantra daily 22 times to ward of the negative effects and to overcome hurdles. The Sthotra have to be recited both in the morning and in evening.
    Stothra

Anantam Vasukim Sesha
    Padmanbhacha Kambalam
    Shankupalam Drutharastramch
    Takshanam Kaaliyam Thada

Phala Sruthi

Etani nava navaami naganancha mahatmana
    Sayam patenityam prathakaale visheshita
    Tasya vishabhayam naasti sarvatra vijayaa bhaveth

geevee68 likes this.
  8. SriVidya75

Lalit

thanks for this procedure by the way do we have to buy only 1 naga or 2 of them?

9. lalit06

lalit06 New IL'ite

I have just 1 naagam (1 hood). But when buying please ensure that the coils are seperated from each other.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  10. geetha mahesh

geetha mahesh Bronze IL'ite

I would suggest you to go to Kukke subramanya and take part in the pooja which costs Rs 1500.It is done in mass and you need to stay for 2 days.My parents did it for my wedding.Within one year I found my husband.Also Kalahasti is equally powerful.My husband found me after he visited kalahasti.I have visited both.Also helping the poor,charity,giving alms on saturdays help to get rid of the dosha.One can visit thirunageshwaram and light lamps.It is not very far from bangalore.Take a train to kimbakonam and plan a stay for two days to visit navagaraha temples.
    Heard that reciting devi mahatmyam first 13 chapters gives relief.
    Hope this helps.