Sowbhagya Guari Vrata on march 28th EST

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by sulakshana, Mar 24, 2009.

1. sulakshana

sulakshana Guest

hi,

can anyone please help me and tell me how to do Sowbhagya Guari Vrata in detail, like pooja materials,what is important, how to do ? according to Andra....:hiya

thanyou!

sulakshana

2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sulakshana,

This pooja is done by Sumangalis(married ones ) and also Kanyas(unmarried ones for getting a good husbands).

On the day Sowbhagya Gowri vratham some people fast for their husbands and families.
    Fasting is not compulsory

Morning you generally do this pooja.

Method of pooja:

Make Pasupu Gowri (Gowri made of Turmeric) and place her on betel leaf.
    Put Kumkum for her. Put flowers near her.
    Do the Sankalpam and then
    Do the Gowri pooja (like angha pooja & ashtothram)
    at end read Gowri devi vratha story.
    Aarathi.
    Break Coconut/ Naivedyam any sweet made of Jaggery (Bellam or Gudh).

Gowri is prayed in various forms. She is not only prayed in the form of photo or idol but in all suvasini items like kumkum, haldi (turmeric or pasupu), flowers, Sandal (Gandham) and jyothi roopam(Cow ghee used for lighting these lamps)
    So you can make jyothulu that day and pray in that form also.

How to make Jyothulu(Deepam):

Soak 1 cup of raw rice in water and drain immediately and then grind it in a mixie into powder. (Make sure that it is soft as powder otherwise sieve it). This is important as it is easy to make Jyothulu this way otherwise they will break and it is sentimental.
    After that add Haldi/ turmeric slightly.
    and little bit of jaggery in that mixture and using milk and jyothlu 2 of them or 5 of them.
    (Add little milk to make it thick ball consistency)

Then light the deepam or Jyothullu(Pl use Cow ghee if possible).
    It is believed that Sowbhagya Gowri devi is generally found in that Jyothulu.

Then at the end call any Sumangali or Kanya that day into your house and give her tambulam (containing turmeric Kumkum, blouse piece , fruit, betel leaves, betel nut & dakshina, glass bangles ).--- In the tambulam, main are turmeric and Kumkum.

You can make Pasupu Gowri or Jyothulu if it possible for you otherwise pray to any devi photo.

This is the method we follow.

Warm regards
    Saras

3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras

Can this pooja be performed by all because I or anyone in my family have not done this pooja and I have not even seen or heard about this. This is new to me.

Please clarify my doubt.

Also I would like to know when this should be done and what is the story? Where from I can get this story book?

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi sulakshana,
    If you are looking for mangala gowri puja, then follow the process as suggested by saras123.
    I do this every year,2 years have been completed as of now, should be continued upto first 5 years of marriage.
    This puja I peform in the month of Shravana masam(Which is august) on every tuesday.
    Not sure if this can be done anytime.

5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

This Sowbhagya Gowri vratha day is coming on 28th March in some calendars and in some it is showing on 29th March. This vratham day comes on Chaithra masam Shukla paksha thruthiya (tadiya).

I am planning to do this on 29<SUP>th</SUP> March.

Any lady (married or unmarried, to be mothers..) can do this Gowri pooja.

Gowri pooja is done at all times thru out the life by Sumangalis.

There are no rules and regulations for this pooja as far as you not keeping kalasham. The moment you keep kalasham you have to follow some rituals.

Sowbhagya Gowri vratham is very simple vratham read Gowri ashtothram – doing kumkuma archani and read any Gowri katha or devi katha make some naivedyam with jaggery. Fast if u can. Chant any devi stothram. (if u cannot follow elaborate rituals).

Sowbhaghya Gowri vratham has no udhyapana. It comes once in a year. You can call any sumangali home and give her thambulam(optional).

Chant this stothram as many times as u can on that day and everyday if possible:

SARVAMANGALAMANGALYE
    SHIVE SARVATHASAADHIKE,
    SHARANYE TRIYAMBAKE GAURI
    NARAAYANI NAMOSTUTE

This Sowbaghya Gowri pooja is done for Sowbhagyam. Good life, good luck, happy marriage, kids ......

I do Gowri pooja everyday in a slightly modified form (Nithya Gowri vratham) that suits my daily hectic schedule. I some how feel good and confident when started doing the Gowri pooja. Goddess Gowri saved me so many times at difficult situations both in personal & professional life. The one Mangala Gowri vratha katha which I used to read everyday after my marriage saved my DH from severe malady. That vratha katha is all powerful. Even today I read it.

Shravana masam Tuesdays are auspicious for doing Mangala Gowri pooja.

Note:If you are doing Mangala Gowri vratham (In Shravana masam), family tradition we have to see as few things in the vratham like putting kalasham, making pasupu Gowri (Gowri made of turmeric), making number of Jyothulu (Depaam) plus how many tambulams to be given vary from family to family. This mangala Gowri vratham is done for 5 years after marriage. For this vratham Udhyapana is also done. This (Mangala Gowri vratham) is very common vratham in Andhra/ <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Maharashtra</st1:place> . Most of the newly weds start this vratham as per the family tradition.

I hope this info is of some use to you.

Please do this vratham if u can. Goddess Gowri will surely bless u and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> utmost desire will be fulfilled.

I have this vratha katha in telugu sorry. But i picked this one vrath story in english from net. You can read this. I am attaching the file.

Warm regards
    Saras

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  6. sulakshana

sulakshana Guest

hi saras,

thankyou for the information! :thumbsup
    1.can i do pooja in the evening and how to make turmeric gouri?
    1.can i keep the turmeric gouri on the rice instead of beetal leaf....?
    2.once the pooja is over , next day where should i keep turmeric gouri ....?

pls advice..as soon as possible because I'm doing pooja on 27th march 2009:)

thankyou!

sulakshana

7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sulakshna,

Sorry did not check the mail before.
    Pooja can be done evening also. Take fresh bath and start.

Turmeric Gowri is made with turmeric and water. Make it thick paste consistency- ball like (then make a pyramid). Put Kumkuma on it like bottu. put flowers.
    turmeric gowri can be kept on rice also. After pooja is over, next day put turmeric Gowri in any plant or where nobody stamps or touches it.

Warm regards
    Saras