vaathapuranathashtakam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by vidya2884, Mar 18, 2009.

1. vidya2884

vidya2884 New IL'ite

can anyone post the sloka on shiva vaathapuranathashtakam , which cures rhematoid artiritis.

my mom has been suffering frm it for many yrs

Similar Threads
    1. vidya2884
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Are you talking of Shree Vaathapuranaathashtakam or Shiva Vaathapuranaathashtakam? If it is the former, details are below.

If you live in Chennai, please try to get from Giri Trading, the sloka book StotraMaala (Part 1) in Tamil which contains 85 slokams. The 32nd slokam on Pg 45 is Shree Vaathapuranaathashtakam (all 9 stanzas).

Narayaneeyam is also a cure for rheumatoid arthritis. My FiL did it regularly for my MiL who is finally free from constant pain now. For any info on Narayaneeyam, please ask 'harih' who is an IL member and whose father is an exponent of Narayaneeyam.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya Madam

Thank you for your reply. It is very nice that you have provided the information. I have the book with me. Let me go home and check the same.

Can you please tell me whether we have to recite the full Narayaneeyam or any particular Dashakam has to be recited. Please help me out.

4. vidya2884

vidya2884 New IL'ite

thanks for all.
    my mom has been reciting vaidyanatha atakam

i would be better if i find the vaathapuranathashtakam also

5. Muthuraji

As Vidya said the Shree Vaathapuranathashtakam is in Stotramala Part 1. I too saw it yesterday only. There are 9 stanzas with 4 lines each. If you want it I will scan and send it tomorrow.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Muthuraji,

My FiL used to attend the full day chanting of Narayaneeyam on sundays. That may not be possible for us. I suggest you pm harih who is an IL member. He has posted a lot of useful info on Narayaneeyam. I was blessed to consult to harih's father, who is a very respected and knowledgeable exponent of Srimad Narayaneeyam. I am sure harih will be able to clear all your doubts. As you know, Melpatoor Narayana Bhattathiri considered to be an incarnation of Adisheshan, was afflicted by arthritis. He composed Srimad Narayaneeyam and was fully cured. What an amazing grace!

7. Muthuraji

Thank you very much Vidya madam. I will sure send PM to Harih and get the help of him. I will send mail to you after I receive the details from him. Thank you for your guidance provided to me.