Anaghasthami Vratham

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Vipula, Feb 4, 2009.

1. godmantra

godmantra Junior IL'ite

thnx a ton saras :) I am very happy to have this in hindi . u really are god's blessing :)

2. godmantra

godmantra Junior IL'ite

hey saras i have completed the parayan of sreepadvallabh charitramrutam and also have done annadan now just anghashtami vrat is left . I have doubts in that pls clarify .

1- Due to some issues i will not be able to do the vrat on bahula ashtami so pl tell other auspicious dates in this month for the vrat .

2- In this vrat when we do sankalpam do we just have to read the sankalpam as given in the vrat book or we have to take water in hand and take sankalp by telling our wish to god as we normally do ?

3- I am not keeping kalash for the ashtasiddhi and the divine couple (as you explained earlier that it is not mandatory and subsitutes can be used ) but in the ahavanam mantras its " i invoke , seat and worship _________in the water pot " and the same is there in praan prathishtha (pt 11 and 12 ) too " that be present in this water pot till the completion of the worship " . so I have to read this without any changes even if I are not keeping water pots ?

4- I am keeping a towel for the vastram . What i have to keep for the ornaments ? And what should i do with these things after completing the vrat ?

5- While doing ahavanam in the triangles when the beetel nuts , leaves , coins, flowers, date are kept . Do i have to just chant mantra or have to sprinkle sanctified water and apply kumkum haldi rice too ?

6- while doing the following do I have to just read the text or have to do any ritual too like sprinkling water or kumkum haldi rice , etc .

1)- padyam

2)- arghyam

3)- acamanam

4)-madhuparkam

5)-abharanam

6)-kumkum puja

5)- deepam , dhoopam

6)- naivedyam, tambulam

7)-pushpam , gandham

I mean what exactly i have to do in addtion to reading the texts will I have to offer flowers apply kumkum to all siddhis and the couple . Some ques may appear silly but i have no knowledge in paath puja and i wish to do this properly . I would be grateful if you would help .

3. godmantra

godmantra Junior IL'ite

and yes i forgot to add panchamrat snanam and snanam .

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear God mantra

See answers in red.
    1. hey saras i have completed the parayan of sreepadvallabh charitramrutam and also have done annadan now just anghashtami vrat is left . I have doubts in that pls clarify .

1- Due to some issues i will not be able to do the vrat on bahula ashtami so pl tell other auspicious dates in this month for the vrat
    .You can do the vrat on a Thursday/Friday/Ekadasi/Tryodashi/Pournima.

2- In this vrat when we do sankalpam do we just have to read the sankalpam as given in the vrat book or we have to take water in hand and take sankalp by telling our wish to god as we normally do ?
    Generally we take akshataas in our hand and do sankalpam while reading text.

3- I am not keeping kalash for the ashtasiddhi and the divine couple (as you explained earlier that it is not mandatory and subsitutes can be used ) but in the ahavanam mantras its " i invoke , seat and worship _________in the water pot " and the same is there in praan prathishtha (pt 11 and 12 ) too " that be present in this water pot till the completion of the worship " . so I have to read this without any changes even if I are not keeping water pots ?
    Skip the mantras part of kalasha. It is ok. If you are not keeping kalasha. While invoking Ashtasiddhis and Anagha Laxmi and Anagha swami. You can use, Betel leaf, kajur, betel nut, flower, coin.

4- I am keeping a towel for the vastram . What i have to keep for the ornaments ? And what should i do with these things after completing the vrat ?
    Put some akshatas & flowers. After pooja put all these things in a place where nobody stamps- like flowerpots/trees/well/lake....

5- While doing ahavanam in the triangles when the beetel nuts , leaves , coins, flowers, date are kept . Do i have to just chant mantra or have to sprinkle sanctified water and apply kumkum haldi rice too ?

You have to chant sloka given for each diety for Anima, laghima……..
    Place one set of the beetel nuts , leaves , coins, flowers, date in one triangle then invoke Anima, then another set in another triangle then invoke Laghima….. Till you invoke Anagha Laxmi & then finally Anagha Swami.
    So total ten sets.
    After invoking each ashta Siddhi (Anima, Laghima…) you can put haldi kumkum, and akshatas in the triangle

6- while doing the following do I have to just read the text or have to do any ritual too like sprinkling water or kumkum haldi rice , etc .

1)- padyam (offering water to wash feet- sprinke water with flower)

2)- arghyam (offering water to wash hands- )

3)- acamanam (offering water to sip)

4)-madhuparkam (offering honey to drink (- take a flower, dip in honey and sprinkle)

5)-abharanam (offering jewelry- you can put akshatas & flowers)

6)-kumkum puja(worshiping kumkum)

5)- deepam (offering lamp- show the lamp with your hand towards deities), dhoopam (offering incense –wave incense sticks with ur hand towards deities )

6)- naivedyam (offering meal/prasad- whatever you prepared),
    Tambulam (this is offered after offering prasad or meal- use betel nut, betel leave, fruit, coin and offer to deities)

7)-pushpam(offering flower) , gandham (offering Sandal paste)
    Panchamrutam snanam- Offering bath with 5 nectars (mix milk, curd, ghee, sugar, honey and little banana)- this is Panchamrutam.- Take a flower- dip in Panchamrutam and sprinkle on the deities.

5. godmantra

godmantra Junior IL'ite

Thnx so much ....nw I have my fundamentals clear regd anghashtami vrat . Actually I am a Punjabi north Indian and so my family and I follow gurudwara mostly though we go to temples also but whatsoever we have no experienc ( any of us ) in ritualistic Pooja . I got the other info by being a regular of reader Indus ladies and browsing other sites only .

6. coolrdr

coolrdr Gold IL'ite

Dear saras sister,
    i think tomorow evening itself Ashtami is coming and saturday fully!!!! can you clear my doubt when to do the pooja? friday or saturday?

7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear cooldr

Bahula Ashtami is falling on Saturday the 5th Jan 2013. That is the vrat day.
    It is coming tomorrow , friday after 6 pm.

Do the Anaghastami vratam on Saturday, 5th January 2013 without fail. It is the most auspicious day after Datta Jayanthi. I am sure all good will happen to you. You will be blessed with marital Harmony.

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye

8. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi Sarasji,

I want to do this pooja. Please let me know when i can do this in Feb 2013.

Banu

9. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear banujaga

From Feb 11th onwards it is maghamasam and it is very auspicious month to do this vratm.

Thursdays/Fridays/Ekadasi/Pournima days are very good.
    Feb 6/7/8/15(sri panchami), 17( Radha Saptami) /18/21/25 are very good dates to do this vratam.

Sri Anagha Laxmi Sametha Sri Anagha Dattatreya Swami ne namaha

10. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,
    Thanks for giving the dates in Feb for this vratm.
    Om Sri Sai Ram