Guru Dattatreya

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Sweshar, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

I am Ramachandran, H/o Vimmala/ Vimala.

I am a Upasaka of Lord Datathreya and chanted many of his slokas etc. Before starting you must obsorb Garuda for 10 million times which I did followed by Daththa Slokam, Kavacham Upanishad etc.

This prayer in Lord dathathreya is for keeping good health.

Only after concentrating on HIM, I was able to write the PhD thesis on Vedas which lasted for 15 years.

If doctors chant this manthra he will be blessed with mind power in approaching the disease.

If god willing I will publish these slokas which I took from Palm leaves.

This Daththa kavasam should be followed by Hamsa Kavasam.

This is for your information.

1 person likes this.
  2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mr.Ramachandran for guiding us.
    Can you please post Hamsa Kavacham.

Regards
    Saras

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

First chant Daththa Gayathri

Dhaththa Purushaya vithmahey, Dhathathreya Demahi

Thannough Dhaththa prochothath.

Chant this one lakh times after that I will let you know how to follow

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mr. Ram Chandran. for the Datta Gayathri.

Warm Regards
    Saras

5. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Mr. Ram Chandran for sharing the slokan..

6. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

I am very fortunate to read this thread on Lord Dattatreya.
    It is advised to chant the datta gayatri 1 lakh times in this thread.

a) Any parayana vidhi is there for this like telling the sankalpam

b) Do we need to sit before god to chant this mantram....OR can we tell the sankalpam in the morning before god and chant this while doing any household work...

Right now i am in lot of troubles esp. in the family front. I am not able to start my career for the second time. There is no hope for me in my life except lord dattatreya. He is the only one who can help me. I do not know what paapam i did in my previous births, how many were suffered because of me, I am suffering right now. This is not a big task for the lord to clear all these except we have to please the lord so much with our prayers.
    When Sri Ramachandran, an upasak is giving a definite path, i feel that its good for me to follow.

c) Sri Ramachandran garu, pl. guide me how to do the prayer to lord dattatreya...

d) Also I lack the concentration while reciting the stotras of lord dattatreya. How i can attain this... I sit to do the prayer between 4 - 4:30 AM in the morning, yet my mind is not still and could not concentrate on the murti of lord dattatreya / sri pada sri vallabha swamy.

Thanking you,
    Preeti

7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Preeti

If you are not able to sit and concentrate while reciting slokas don't worry, chant this Datta Mantram, Lord gets pleased easily.

Smartha Gami Sanovathu --- anurakthi Eaylago vundhi (Datta Swami is there with you when you sincerely pray and think of him).

The divine manthram is

Digambara Digambara Sri Padavallabha Digambara
    Digambara Digambara Sri Avadhoota Chintana Digambara

Chant this manthram at all times(while cooking, bathing, doing your chores...)- This is more than enough. Lord will give you everything. He will give you concentration and peace of mind and all your dreams will get fullfilled. The above mantram is very very powerful, i can personally vouch for this.

Don't bother about rituals etc.... In following all this we may lose purpose. what God really needs is not paranephelia but sincere devotion. Start chanting this you will get everything. Think of him all the time...(he will make you think of him himself). To do this no sankalpa is required. To simply chant you don't need anything..He Knows everything.

To achieve something we end up doing all sorts of poojas and rituals etc... but we get tired... .and we give up. I can understand what are going thru.so i sincerely advise you simply stick to one. We have tendency to lose concentration when we do so many things at one time........ Human Nature.
    Just follow one or two and see the results...

I hope this helps

Warm Regards:)
    Saras

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Teju2017 and archu9911 like this.
  8. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much Saras for your nice words (before and now) - which raised happiness and devotion in me. Such words are very valuable to me when i am in distress.

I will chant the above sloka regularly at all times.

I want to share one more thing. After reading the sripada sri vallabha charitamrutam, i wholeheartedly started believing that Datta swamy is the supreme. this thought has occupied my mind without any second thought of different god. Really that is a very nice book....for datta devotees.

20/40 days have passed by of the siddhamangala stotram, datta stavam, sadguru stavam and ashtalakshmi stuti given by you. I'm able to do it without any obstacle till now.

I will continue to chant the divine sloka all the time.

Thank you very much
    Preeti.

9. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Preeti

Your are most welcome any time.
    Mano vancha Phala sidhirasthu.

May Datta Swami's blessings be upon you all the time.

Warm Regards:)
    Saras

10. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Daththa gayathri is to be chanted at the rate of 1008 per day in the morning. There is no sankalpa but only cocentration. If you divert your mind on any occassion, you are to repeat.
    Not to sleep in th after noon.
    This will generate heat in side you. If a male he may rush to a female like Visvamitra.

For Female I don't know.

I did one crore in the last 15- 20 years.

It should to be from lip to lip Hearing only.

After this you are to chant garuda manthra.

OM SHIPA OM Swahaa | |