Divine intervention- has it ever happened to you ?

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by dia3, Nov 3, 2015.

1. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to know how many of you have seen some happenings in your life which you feel were the sole result of divine intervention at the right time or because your prayer got answered.

If you can please give your response and tell about those incidents in your life and also tell about the Lord ( Lord ganesha, shiva, durga, sai) that helped you out :).

The reason I am asking this is I was born and raised as a Hindu but off late, i feel I am becoming an atheist. My white fiends don't pray at all- i know their lifestyle as we are besties/ very close friends ( I stay at their place, they stay at my place, I have stayed with several white roommates during my school/college days for several years and they don't pray at all ) but believe me, they are very happy and highly successful. They openly say we "might" pray for our sins when we are about to die in our 90s but not now!

On the other hand, 2 of my Indian friends are on the other end of the spectrum- into prayers and fasting and they still suffer so much !

And, i guess the final straw in my faith was when my best friend - a really nice, pretty & highly educated Indian girl getting cheated by her Indian hubby, who was after her money and later on by her Indian boyfriend,who was after her gorgeous looks so got all physical with her but later on gave her lot of emotional trouble when he married some naive chick from small town in India with lot of dowry although he now goes to strip clubs n all ( got to know from some common friends who shared s club pics ), though this Indian friend does so much charity, prayers and all.........I always thought she was going overboard with charity and prayers so she has lot of good deeds to back her up but after all emotional turmoil she has been through, it really makes me question if GOD is really there.

Then there was another Indian friend who once asked me to accompany her to temple as it was late to do some elaborate pooja for marital issues but her marital life was and is still full of woes !

So, seeing such contrasts makes me think it is better to be an atheist and enjoy life. So, I am on the verge of turning into an atheist but deep inside, I want to hold on to Hindu beliefs but its becoming really hard to believe that there is God so i want to hear from the ladies here about their stories of how divine intervention helped them at some point in their life.