Need help regarding "Vel Maaral" maha mantram

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by savannas, Jul 16, 2014.

1. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Hello all,
    My in-law side family kula deivam is tiruttani Murugan and elders from previous generations have always chanted this slokam called 'Vel Maaral'. They say it is very powerful and gives results when chanted sincerely without break 16 times.
    After marraige only, I heard about this shloka. I dont know how to read tamil font, but I want to chant this. I am requesting if somebody here, who knows how to read tamil font - please can you spare some time to write the tamil slokam in english font.

The slokam in tamil font pdf can be found at http://www.kaumaram.com/pdfs/pdf_texts/velmaral.pdf

It would be a great service to all Lord Murugan devotees, and I am sure you will be thanked and blessed profusely for this kind service.

Sincerely
    Savitha

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

3. sannatty

sannatty New IL'ite

Hi every one specially Savitha
    I came across your request and have tried to my best, of course with the blessings and guidance of LORD MURUGA!

If any onefind any mistake please correct me and I apologize for the same.
    [FONT=&amp]A short intro:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]SRI ARUNAGIRI SWAMIGAL’S “VEL VAGUPPU” has been eloborated into a more powerful and vibrational manthra called “VEL MARAL” by SRI VALLIMALAI SACHITHANATHA SWAMIGAL[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]METHOD OF PARAYANA:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]VEL MARAL is a very powerful mantra. All it needs is your sincerity and dedication.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The vibration is simply wonderful.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The ways of Parayam [reciting][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]1. you can just lisent to it daily. Do not listen to it while on movement for it is very sacred and very powerful – you will be simply drawn into it. So please sit in a quite place and close your eyes and enjoy. Try it at the same time to gain more benefit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]2. You can read it daily at the same time, sitting in a quite place.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]3. You can read it for 48 days twice daily or in the morning or evening. Have bath, light a lamp and incence in puja room and start reading. Once over do puja and thank the LORD MURUGA AND HIS VEL for this given opportunity.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]4. Any one can read this mantra.
    I hope this helps. I have attached The VEL MARAL MANTHRA!!! [/FONT]Computer Typing

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  4. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sanatty,
    I was waiting for this from AGES... I am very thankful to you for your kind efforts. I posted this request long ago, and almost gave up hopes.. But all of a sudden, I came back here, and was pleasantly surprized, nay shocked to see your post.
    Thank you so much, May the ever joyful Lord Murugan of Thiruttani always look at you with Grace and Blessings !
    If it may not be a trouble, could you also share here about your experiences with chanting this..It would be a great inspiration to beginners like me..

Regards,
    Savitha

5. sannatty

sannatty New IL'ite

Hi Savitha

I have been chanting this mantra for some time. Actually I am not a good reader of Tamil poems. I wanted to read it properly, for the pronunciation is very important in chanting Mantras. When I could not find a proper teacher to help me out I just prayed to Muruga [who better than HIM – for He is Tamil] Well would you believe, the words were very clear to read and could understand their meaning too.

Suddenly I wanted to know if some one had sung this mantra, so I was searching for it and came across your request. I could not do any work or sleep, only one thought that is to write it, kept repeating. I understood HE had chosen me to do this work, and started with his guidance and blessings. I just knew when I finished it, that it was HE who did it through me, not only that, HE made me upload it at once. I was really curious to know will you be back to this post after this long time. There you were!!!
    I should not have doubted HIM, for HE decides everything. Because your belief and your longing to chant this wonderful and powerful VEL MAARAL mantra has reached its core, Lord Muruga and his Vel had decided to bless you and grant your wishes. HE just used me as a tool. What more miraculous experience do you want to know. There are thousands of million people, who are better than me, out there, but HE chose me to let me know that HE is there for me and HE did this for you. How fortunate you are!! We all think we choose everything – no – it is they who choose us. All we need is undoubting and staunch faith with sincere and lots and lots and lots……. Of patience !!!!!! Your love is all HE wants. HE is there for you. VEL MAARAL Mantra will steady and strengthen you. Well what else can I say

OM SARAVANA BAVAYA!!!!!

6. kalpavriksha

kalpavriksha New IL'ite

Hi,
    Please contact vel maaral mandram located in nanganallur.tell no is 044-22247473.
    I got the vel maaral recitation book for rs.60 from there.
    Actually I read an article in the site called rightmantra.com we're the miracles of vel maaral recitation was mentioned.
    So I went ahead n got it.
    Hope u find the information useful.
    Tks

7. newIL

newIL New IL'ite

Hi - Can you please tell the post number/date where in the details/miracles of Velmaaral is listed in the rightmantra website?

8. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  9. sholavandan

sholavandan New IL'ite

Hi, I am attaching Vel Maaral in Tamil..

Attached Files:

10. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Hi today being Shasti I browsed and found velmaaral lyrics and this thread. Great work by you people. Is there any site that gives explanation to verses? I could make out the meaning but not completely. Want to enjoy it by understanding completely.